metalcore, podfarm, axefx2, ss4+real drummer

birdwazo

Apr 26, 2011
Montreal
www.facebook.com
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27347130/SECOND NIGHT FINAL MIX WITH STUFF.mp3

i sampled his cymbals, and also he used one of my cymbals that i sampled already, so I just programmed all his cymbal parts with the actual cymbals he played on to get the exact balance i wanted, and i mixed that in a bit with his real playing. first time trying out podfarm, used it on the main rhythm, and used axe fx 2 on the lead, olas tone match of his framus cobra.

nice man! sounds awesome. There are only a few things I miss a bit:

1)transparency when the keyboard kicks in (yeah I know it's a hard battle of frequencies, but maybe you can clear things up a bit here)
2)punch in the kickdrum. for me there could be more low punch (beef/meat...whatever), it sounds a bit flabby.

once again: great mix!

how did you record/produce the vocals?! they sound awesome man

I think its the best vocal sound i got so far, I learnt my lesson to not trust vocalist when it comes to staying in the same position in front of the mic. I told so many singers to stay right in front of the mic , close like this, please don't move, and then I see their studio updates and i see their mouth is under the mic... or when editing i can hear them being further away and what not. I don't have a set up where I can look at the vocalist to make sure he's in the right spot, so what I did this time was I told the guitar player that his job is to look at the vocalist and make sure he's always in the same position, and sure enough even though I told the dude not to move there were quite a few times where he would be out of place or reading lyrics with his head tilted a bit or whatever and i would just redo the take instead of keeping the takes where he moved from the original position. so yee making sure the mic distance was the same really helped this time haha. other than that the doubled track is lower then the main, and has the cubase distortion on it a bit, and some delay, then i just compressed and limited both of them and added a ping pong delay with a different setting then the distortion delay on the double. then a little bit of reverb! most of my mixing i just googled this forum, only been mixing full time since january so i be reading tons of posts on here!

This is an absolutely pro tone. Would love to read some more details regarding the whole production.

I love the music as well. There's some not too typical stuff in it wich makes it stand out from the masses of Metalcore bands.

thanks guys! i usually get no responses at all when i post a mix hehe! ive been reading a lot of bass threads on here and the sturgis forum, so for this production there is a real bass that was played, trillian, signals audios new bass thingy zombass i think, anyways this band is doing more songs with me in the future, they were really tight and fun to record! so ya ill post more stuff soon!

nice man! sounds awesome. There are only a few things I miss a bit:

1)transparency when the keyboard kicks in (yeah I know it's a hard battle of frequencies, but maybe you can clear things up a bit here)
2)punch in the kickdrum. for me there could be more low punch (beef/meat...whatever), it sounds a bit flabby.

once again: great mix!

ok so I listened again recently and I was like ooooohh nooo, not enough bass, so I turned up the bass a few dbssss, maybe that'll make the kick drum feel basssssiiier! here is the final, the whole song!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27347130/second night:metal core yee.mp3

Fantastic mix bro! Please post more of this band, or any others you are recording once you get some more done =]