Metalcorish stuff (first mix)

Dexter_prog

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Some guy from another non-production forum uploaded this track he wrote and recorded and I asked him for the tracks to practice my first mix, because, despite it being simple, I liked the riffs. He is a drummer, so he is not too tight with guitars.

I used:
- SD2 + TMF (+ triggered some samples I had downloaded from here)
- Lecab 2 + Lecto + Red wire impulses

I sidechained the bass to the kick, but I didn't know how I should set the compressor, so it might be overdone.

Some notes:
- I think he recorded the guitars with a multifx box or something into the line in of his computer, so they where not optimal
- He sampled the bass and uploaded a processed track, so I couldn't do a lot with it
- He programed the drums and uploaded the midi file, some stuff was weird, but I didn't feel like altering what he composed.

So don't expect premium quality

Last edited by a moderator:
wow....some timing issues going on, at that one part.
Sounds nice to me man, maybe a bit more low mid on the guitars, they are quite scooped and thin.
maybe it's the DI quality or that you cant do much about the bass though

wow....some timing issues going on, at that one part.
Sounds nice to me man, maybe a bit more low mid on the guitars, they are quite scooped and thin.
maybe it's the DI quality or that you cant do much about the bass though
yeah, the guy was not quite on tempo, but I didn't feel like correcting a lot of stuff (I only corrected those lead guitars which were really of tempo and hugely copy-pasted, haha). Also, there were some weird stuff on his programmed drums. Guitars are boosted at 200Hz, it's gotta be the bass. Maybe because I splitted in two tracks and distorted the one that is high-passed higher, but I had to put it kinda low in the mix because of the reverb the sampled bass had.

Thanks for the feedback!