Metalfest has been rescheduled.

woosta

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Is someone feeling the "pinch" due to a history of bad business along with bad shows? Now metalfest is slated for 12/2 and 12/3. Yeah, just where I wanna fucking be in December: Milwaukee. Brilliant. I'll get my snowmobile ready. :loco:

woosta said:
Is someone feeling the "pinch" due to a history of bad business along with bad shows? Now metalfest is slated for 12/2 and 12/3. Yeah, just where I wanna fucking be in December: Milwaukee. Brilliant. I'll get my snowmobile ready. :loco:
I can't possibly see any problems occuring due to weather. "Sorry but half of the bands couldn't make because of the fuckin' blizzard. :D

woosta said:

I hope no one goes. I hate the way he does business. He is just bad for the entire festival environment in the USA.
Until he and all his stupid associates are gone, American fests will have a much harder time proving every fest is not run like his ( since he was the only fest in the USA for many years ). Yes there are good fests in North America but unfortunately his fest is a disgrace to all the good ones who actaully care about organization, paying bands and abiding by thier contracts.

What a waste of everyone's time to even bother postponing. Why not just cancel and put the Metalfest out of its misery?
That said, December in Milwaukee is a crapshoot - I've been here since 1997 and we've had blizzards and heat waves. One year it snowed over 50 inches. Last year I don't think it snowed much at all until January or so. So who the hell knows. And like boB said, Powerfest in Chicago in February wasn't bad at all.

This says a lot for Koshick and his festivals, doesn't it? Who wants to see a bunch of gore metal bands, anyway? I'm sure that the guys from Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Prosthetic Cunt can get the time off from Wal-Mart to come back out in December.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Who wants to see a bunch of gore metal bands, anyway?

Believe it or not, this isn't the issue. In the US, there's a bigger market for gore/grind and death metal than there is for power and prog metal. The problem is due to the organization (or lack thereof) of all of Koshick's events, and his/their inability to run a business.

Ya know...

I've never been to one of these festivals...but I've never seen a positive word about them either...

Knowing that bad publicitiy spreads further than good...it still does not speak well of the festival...

After reading a post like this...it makes me grateful I've never wasted my time or money...but it makes me wonder why you other fuckers even bother?

Just an observation...if a festival sucks...just tell it (and everyone else within kicking distance) to just go fuck right off!...

Man...all I gotta say is...God bless Glenn...I can't imagine the shit he goes through every year...but it just has to show you how a little fanaticism, a little common sense, and some business skills can combine to provide THE premier festival in the world...

Let's not just limit ourselves to the country, people...Glenn is throwing THE metal festival of the year (worldwide)...based on quality...regardless of size and quantity...and your own dipshit opinion...

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
After reading a post like this...it makes me grateful I've never wasted my time or money...but it makes me wonder why you other fuckers even bother?

Just an observation...if a festival sucks...just tell it (and everyone else within kicking distance) to just go fuck right off!...

Rock on!

You're right to an extent, and I've stopped going to these after two REALLY bad experiences....the thing was, until the last 5 years, there was not other choice. I got to see Primal Fear, Jag Panzer, Rob Rock, Testament (abbreviated), Steel Prophet, Fozzy, Lullacry and several other REALLY great bands at these shows. I think most of the negative publicity is coming from experiences in years prior. I don't think most people on this board go anymore.