Half-QUEEN is better than no-QUEEN! North American tour announced at last!

SwordLord said:
Oh I see, sorry, I should have been more clear! :loco:

Seriously, thanks for writing, it's nice to see someone who is as big a Queen fan as I am.

Nathan

It's nice on this end too. I only know of two others who are such big Queen fans.

Kind of off topic, but interesting...there is a mix floating around of Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Dear Prudence and Fool On The Hill. It's a crazy mix and really fits together. I've got it somewhere on this computer if you'd like a copy.

scaram0uche said:
It's nice on this end too. I only know of two others who are such big Queen fans.

Kind of off topic, but interesting...there is a mix floating around of Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Dear Prudence and Fool On The Hill. It's a crazy mix and really fits together. I've got it somewhere on this computer if you'd like a copy.

I have all of Queen's studio albums and a bunch of live and interview discs - an entire shelf of my CD collection is devoted entirely to Queen CD's. I'm extremely familiar with Queen's repertoire -- they made a huge music impression on me when I was growing up.

I would be VERY interested in hearing that mix you have described. Please email it to me at SwordLord2003@aol.com if you would be so kind. I'll try to return the favor with a deep track of my own.

Incidentally, I've been listening to "Thank God It's Christmas" a lot since the 1st. :D

SwordLord said:
I have all of Queen's studio albums and a bunch of live and interview discs - an entire shelf of my CD collection is devoted entirely to Queen CD's. I'm extremely familiar with Queen's repertoire -- they made a huge music impression on me when I was growing up.

I would be VERY interested in hearing that mix you have described. Please email it to me at SwordLord2003@aol.com if you would be so kind. I'll try to return the favor with a deep track of my own.

Incidentally, I've been listening to "Thank God It's Christmas" a lot since the 1st. :D

I'm still working on my Queen catalouge, I've only been a fan for about 4 years now and with such a limited money supply and limited used music stores, it's tricky to come by a copy of Sheer Heart Attack....I only have 6 albums plus the 3 greatest hits. Oh, and Wembly DVD and Greatest Music Video Hits I and II.

Funny, I can't stand "Thank God It's Christmas", probably due to a long standing dislike of Christmas music.

scaram0uche said:
I'm still working on my Queen catalouge, I've only been a fan for about 4 years now and with such a limited money supply and limited used music stores, it's tricky to come by a copy of Sheer Heart Attack....I only have 6 albums plus the 3 greatest hits. Oh, and Wembly DVD and Greatest Music Video Hits I and II.

Funny, I can't stand "Thank God It's Christmas", probably due to a long standing dislike of Christmas music.

Wow, for being a new fan, 9 albums is very, very commendable! I know people that have listened longer than that and only have the Greatest Hits stuff. It's nice to see that you have some studio albums because there "deep tracks" are easily just as good as any of their hits. SHEER HEART ATTACK is a fantastic album! I'll see if I can find it up my way and maybe you could trade me for it at PP next year if you're strapped for cash.

To give you an idea of just how long I've been a QUEEN fan, most of my video material related to the band is on LASERDISC! o_O I have at least half-a-dozen QUEEN laserdiscs and a couple of them were never released on any other format. As a matter of fact, my QUEEN-geekness made me purchase my first laserdisc (QUEEN: The Magic Years, Volumes 1-3 on one LD, how cool was that at the time! :D ) before I even had my first LD player! I found the laserdisc at Best Buy, last one left, for around $40. Ah those were the good ol' days! :D

Thanks for emailing me that track, BTW! I will definitely try to return the favor.

Nathan

SwordLord said:
Wow, for being a new fan, 9 albums is very, very commendable! I know people that have listened longer than that and only have the Greatest Hits stuff. It's nice to see that you have some studio albums because there "deep tracks" are easily just as good as any of their hits. SHEER HEART ATTACK is a fantastic album!

To give you an idea of just how long I've been a QUEEN fan, most of my video material related to the band is on LASERDISC! o_O I have at least half-a-dozen QUEEN laserdiscs and a couple of them were never released on any other format. As a matter of fact, my QUEEN-geekness made me purchase my first laserdisc (QUEEN: The Magic Years, Volumes 1-3 on one LD, how cool was that at the time! :D ) before I even had my first LD player! I found the laserdisc at Best Buy, last one left, for around $40. Ah those were the good ol' days! :D

Thanks for emailing me that track, BTW! I will definitely try to return the favor.

Nathan

I lied, I actually have more than 6 studio albums, and today I picked up Innuendo while buying Live At Budokan, Cheap Trick, for my sister.
Total Queen Library:
A Night At The Opera, 3 copies, 2 CDs (one scratched), 1 LP <--- My first Queen album was ANATO on CD
Sheer Heart Attack, vinyl
News of the World, vinyl
Queen, CD
Queen II, CD
A Day At The Races, CD
Jazz, CD
The Game, CD
Innuendo, CD
Greatest Hits I, CD
Greatest Hits II, CD
Greatest Hits III, CD
Live at Wembly '86, DVD
Greatest Video Hits I, DVD
Greatest Video Hits II, DVD

I actually found a copy of SHA today but it was new and I'm not willing to pay 16$ for a copy of it when I've got a decent copy on vinyl for 2$. I moved a few months ago so now I have to find a new record store with a good selection of used CD and vinyl.

LaserDisc, ha! I've never owned a laser disc...I've seen one though, but it was ancient, and that was years ago. Shows you how young I am.