Metallica-Death Magnetic

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Well Well, looks like Metallica are attempting to return to form. The guitar tone is thrashy again, some fast riffage going on in the new clips, Hetfields voice is sounding metal again.... as well as the lyrics. The MissionMetallica.com website has shown some of these things, it kind of got me pumped up abit to see good things happening instead of decline.

METALLICA will release a limited-edition two-CD, one-DVD, deluxe “Death Magnetic” box set in September. The box set will be packaged as a coffin box and will also include an exclusive t-shirt, flag and USB memory stick.

The details of the deluxe box set are as follows:
* 1 “Death Magnetic” CD (exclusive digipack version)
* 1 CD with demos of songs from “Death Magnetic” (10 songs)
* 1 “Making of ‘Death Magnetic’” DVD featuring never-before-seen material
* 1 exclusive “Death Magnetic” t-shirt (only available with the box set)
* 1 “Death Magnetic” flag
* A set of “Death Magnetic” guitar picks
* 1 fold-out, coffin box, poster with pictures of the band members
* 1 USB memory stick with METALLICA logo (enables digital download of “Death Magnetic”

I know it will be better than St Anger, it couldn't get any worse. With Megadeth being on the back burner with no new album until next year, lets hope Metallica can stay in the game and make a strong comeback.

i've got a good feeling death magnetic is gonna be a real return to form for metallica. i'll definately be getting the deluxe edition. i'm seeing them live at leeds festival in august for the third time

Im sure it will be the next shitty album Metallica release in the last 18.I wonder why do they still exist, a farewell tour would be better option,than "this".

I'm optimistic. Sounds to be some great riffs on the clips.

I think people are forgetting how much of a difference a new producer makes. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, Ive been on mision metallica, since I was aware of it. Ive listened to some of those excerpts. Its sounds pretty good, I bet its gonna be better than St. Anger. Rick Rubin is an excellent producer. I will deffinately buy the normal version.

I know its hard for some people to be optimistic, many have been disappointed in the past, and Im not talking just about St. Anger. But give it a chance guys, they might surprise you.

I think thats all we can do now is wait and see. Everyone says they need a Stonker of an album to show that they're not past it but its not going to happen. This album will probably be just another Metallica album. I can see this one costing £20 ($40) for the normal version judging by the current prices of their old albums. :lol:

I'm going to be keeping and open mind.

Reminds me of when St Anger came out and a friend of mine wept. Literally wept.

I remember the first day Load came out and I popped it in the cd player, that was a shitty day I'll never forget. I was so bummed out and dissapointed because I was expecting a solid metal record... I was expecting a Metallica record. I know how your friend feels, especially with St Anger because that was the final nail in the coffin. As Ol said, the new producer has opened their eyes to suggestions that are "healing" the band back to good metal health.

Metallica are Metallica. The same guys that brought you kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, etc.....
They´ve matured, you cant do anything about it. So yeah, Rick Rubin has given them some ideas of what they should do, or they already felt that way. They´re gonna release whatever the fuck they want. no "ifs" no "buts", its just gonna be them, having written a bunch of songs, if you like, you like, if you dont like, you dont like. Just let them do their thing, thats what they are best at.......Im drunk, this is my honest opinion.

See you guys soon, Im of to San Fermin. With the running of the bulls and all that. Have fun, Its summer!
Dont spend it thinking whether its gonna be a good record or not........ Theyre gonna put out whatever the fuck the feel like.

Evile 4 life!:headbang:

P.S. Ol, I hope to see Evile soon again, if its not in islington academy, let it be that european tour you haven´t confirmed yet. Spain needs more thrash!

See ya in a couple of days!

Pablo

I have my doubts over this - quite rightly - but maybe Rick Rubin will give the band some balls for the first time in, what.. 22 years?

If its even as good as their self titled album then I'll be fine. Otherwise Metallica need to gtfo.

I can't say the new album will be as glorious as the first 5 albums, but it will probably be better than their last 3 albums. I can almost bet funds it will be better than St Anger which seemed like a rushed incomplete album. Im glad they went back to their old school tunings, each song has at least 2 guitar solos, thrash is revisited, and they said they have enough material for the next 2 albums already...this might be a good thing.

Here are the song titles in the running order . . .

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III *
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

*notice the Unforgiven 3, this caught me off guard but the tracklisting sounds ok so far.