METALLICA fever...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Yesterday, the 15,000 tickets for the Quebec City, Canada show on Oct. 31st sold out in about 5 minutes. Then, an additional show was announced for Nov. 1st, and the 15,000 tix also sold out in a few minutes, meaning 30,000 tickets sold in 15 to 30 minutes in a city with a population of around 600,000 people. I don't know how it can compare for other cities around the world, but Quebec City surely LOVES Metallica...

I personnaly was NOT able to get any tickets off the internet sites, even though I was online at the very minute the tix began to sell. There was a fan-club presale and an additional other pre-sale which I was not aware of, so the best tickets were already gone by the time the general public had access to them (that just sucks IMO). Some people waited more than 20 hours in front of the Quebec City Colisee just to be able to get tickets in the higher levels...They were mad...

I had not seen Metallica live since 1991 (I was disappointed back then with their live sloppiness, especially Hammett's) and with the Death Magnetic return to form, I was ready to attend the tour this year. So, I tried to get tickets for the Montreal show (on Sept. 19th). It took more than 50 minutes on the online site before I was able to get 4 tickets, but in the highest levels of the Bell Centre. That show sold out quickly, and the additional show (Sept. 20) is now also sold out as far as I know.

So, in the province of Quebec, Metallica sold 2 shows (30,000 tix) in a city of 600,000 and 2 other shows (40,000 tix) in a city of like 3,000,000 in a matter of minutes. I thought it was quite impressive.

I've seen Metallica 4 times (Justice, Load, DM twice) and enjoyed each performance. But those shows probably will never compare to the Quebec ones because of the audience. Quebec has one of the best of not the best metal audiences in world. I've seen Maiden twice at the Bell Centre and the participation was just amazing.

I've heard great things about Quebec crowds. Detroit crowds are pretty good.

Toronto has awful crowds. The same goes for Windsor. They sit there as though they're watching a play or something.

Windsor crowds are so bad the Blue Man Group vowed never to return, and we have among the finest sound systems in the world!

I love Metallica, actually the one i only HATE is St. Anger wich suck ass, but after that, i really think Metallica has been great over the years.

I love Metallica, actually the one i only HATE is St. Anger wich suck ass, but after that, i really think Metallica has been great over the years.

St.Anger sucked bad.

Load and Reload were pretty crappy too IMO.

I love the 1st 3 albums, I like ...And Justice, and quite enjoyed the Black album. Death Magnetic is a very good return to form, even with the crapy distorted production (a chance there is the Guitar Hero mix) and the songs that are too long for the most part.

I hope the present tour will be good.

I'm in Tallica fever right now..Been listening to all the albums Except St. Anger. I still have never seen them..My buddy is supposed to get me a ticket for the MSG show in NYC. I hope it works out, Dying to see them.

I saw them January 12th in Milwaukee and it was fucking amazing, they were amazing, the crowd and their energy responding to the crowd was amazing.

A wise man once told Kirk that when 'tallica plays the crowd sends them a vibe which they recieve, channel it through their instruments and then send it back out to the crowd.
And that is so true because if the crowd sucks then they wont play as well...but I don't think that will ever happen.

Metallica is so great live!!

I saw them back in January. Excellent setlist & excellent performance. I was going crazy when they pulled out Motorbreath & Die Die My Darling in the encore.

Yeah i wish i could have got some tickets for the montreal show... My friend was supposed to buy them for me but his computer crashed...