Metallica gonna play in Costa Rica

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
And I intend to miss them by miles if possible :heh:

Can you believe the fuckers that brought Maiden now want to try to repeat the success with Metallica...charging $35 more for the VIP than they did for Maiden?

Popallica more expensive than Iron Maiden? Without Burton or Newsted? And playing post AJFA material? If they at least would have done a classical tour like Maiden did...

They played in Reno when I was living there on the University auditorium and at the time Jason was the bass player and I skip them anyway because they're already "Re-Load"ed of shit. Why I should bother now?

My apologies to the fans of the band, but I needed my flogging-the-dead-horse Metallica bashing thread :p

P.S Now if they only bring Megadeth *sigh*

True, few bands has passed through here in history...still no reason to waste your money :D

I'd love to see them again. I quite liked their latest disc, especially after I got the Guitar Hero RM of it. Those guys always put on a great show, and Wyv, unlike Maiden, they don't force you to endure an entire new album every other tour.

When I saw Metallia in January, they did play most of the new album, but also lots of songs off of the prime 80's albums.

When I saw Metallia in January, they did play most of the new album, but also lots of songs off of the prime 80's albums.

Exactly the main reason to avoid them, besides the price is ludicrous, I don't like the promoter rules and as for the show Brandon, I don't know I just can't dig Trujillo on bass. I do miss Burton and Newsted.

Look, I know Burton was an original and Newstead was a fine bassist, but Trujillo is in a league of his own. It's not like he's singing - if he plays the right notes, who cares?

It's like Bobby J drumming for Fates Warning - if he plays the exact same things Mark Zonder plays, who cares? I love Zonder but you're getting the same thing.

You should go. It will be one of the best shows you've ever seen. I saw them back in January - not having seen them in about 12 years - and they were great. I don't love the new album, but it's got some great songs on it. Tunes that come across very well live (and with better sound/production). I've seen them once with Burton (April '86), and 6 times with Newstead.

PS - Wyv, when I saw this date announced the other day, I KNEW you wouldn't go. :lol:

PS - Wyv, when I saw this date announced the other day, I KNEW you wouldn't go. :lol:

Good to be predictable...or not :p

@ Brandon: As you like, but I can't stand Trujillo antics on stage. He should stand in a corner, play bass and be still until the end of the show, I guess he still thinks he's playing with Suicidal Tendencies :Smug:

And I intend to miss them by miles if possible :heh:

Can you believe the fuckers that brought Maiden now want to try to repeat the success with Metallica...charging $35 more for the VIP than they did for Maiden?

Popallica more expensive than Iron Maiden? Without Burton or Newsted? And playing post AJFA material? If they at least would have done a classical tour like Maiden did...

They played in Reno when I was living there on the University auditorium and at the time Jason was the bass player and I skip them anyway because they're already "Re-Load"ed of shit. Why I should bother now?

My apologies to the fans of the band, but I needed my flogging-the-dead-horse Metallica bashing thread :p

P.S Now if they only bring Megadeth *sigh*
My condolensces Wyv for CR being tainted with Craptallica... and also I don't think the board members understand that $35 is alot of money in Costa Rica in terms of CR currency of Colones... what is it now? 600:1?

My condolensces Wyv for CR being tainted with Craptallica... and also I don't think the board members understand that $35 is alot of money in Costa Rica in terms of CR currency of Colones... what is it now? 600:1?

578:1. But my point is that they're charging $35 MORE than what we paid for Iron Maiden (on the VIP section, aka the field). Still I wouldn't pay more than $8.50 to see Popallica now (1987 would have been quite a different tune).

As for income yes it's increasingly going worse. Gasoline will rise 26 colones next month per liter. That means that standard gasoline (unleaded normal) will cost $USD 3.75/gal. To me that means that I will have to fill my tank with around $USD118 a month (on standard use I have to fill it every ten days). The cheapest ticket to attend the concert is around a full tank of gas for me. I have my priorities clear.