Metallica gonna play in Costa Rica

When I first heard the news about this, my thoughts were: "Oh no...not Metallica." But now that I think about it, I think I'll be going, just not to the most expensive seats. I'll go to the stands, away from the standing only crowd. I've hated everything these guys have put out after the Black album and even though DM has a couple tunes that I don't mind, the album as a whole is a letdown. The thing that is convincing me is the setlist. Most nights they are only playing 4 songs off of DM...everything else is from the Black album and back and one song from either Load or Re-Load of Crap. I might not be able to hear the classics again and this is the chance. Lars can't play them like he used to(not that he was a great drummer in the first place) but Hammet and Hetfield are rock solid with the guitars. I don't mind Trujillo at all since he is invisible to me...I'll just pretend he doesn't exist.

This a setlist from one of the shows in Mexico, June 6th 2009

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Disposable Heroes
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Memory Remains
Sad But True
Turn the Page
All Nightmare Long
Kirk Solo #1
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Kirk Solo #2
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
The Prince
No Remorse
Seek and Destroy

There are really four songs I truly dislike there, everything else I can take, especially the classics. I downloaded the Nimes show and sonically it sounds great. A friend of mine went to see them in the States and he told me that they put on a great show. We'll see. At least, I want to be able to say that I got to hear some of the classic material live at some point :loco:

If you can't afford it I understand totally, but I just seen them last month and they were great. I do like the new CD and they played 6 or 7 songs off of it that night, which was fine by me. Everything else was from the Black album on back. The only tune that I didn't care for was 'Nothing else matters' in the setlist. The new stuff sounded great and the old ones sounded better than they have in 20 years.

I was saying before the show that it was probably going to be the last time we go see them. After the show I said I can't wait to see them next time. They made me back into a fan that night. Take it for what it's worth Wyv.

If you can't afford it I understand totally, but I just seen them last month and they were great. I do like the new CD and they played 6 or 7 songs off of it that night, which was fine by me. Everything else was from the Black album on back. The only tune that I didn't care for was 'Nothing else matters' in the setlist. The new stuff sounded great and the old ones sounded better than they have in 20 years.

I was saying before the show that it was probably going to be the last time we go see them. After the show I said I can't wait to see them next time. They made me back into a fan that night. Take it for what it's worth Wyv.
You seen Metallica once you seen them a million times... nothing new in their performances imo... and like i said in CR $35 added on to a general admission price is alot of money there compared to here... they earn CR currency and not dollars which is almost 600:1. You want to hear their classics and played better, take out your CD's. Much cheaper :loco: otherwise your concert money is better off paying for 2 maybe even 3 concerts of other bands that are much worthy of your hard earned money... :Smokedev:

578:1. But my point is that they're charging $35 MORE than what we paid for Iron Maiden (on the VIP section, aka the field). Still I wouldn't pay more than $8.50 to see Popallica now (1987 would have been quite a different tune).

As for income yes it's increasingly going worse. Gasoline will rise 26 colones next month per liter. That means that standard gasoline (unleaded normal) will cost 3.75/gal. To me that means that I will have to fill my tank with around a month (on standard use I have to fill it every ten days). The cheapest ticket to attend the concert is around a full tank of gas for me. I have my priorities clear.
I hear ya... my sister is having it bad income wise... she is here in NY for 3 months working because of it... btw Karen has been trying to contact ya... sent ya a little get well present that should of been given to you back in august :tickled:

btw Karen has been trying to contact ya... sent ya a little get well present that should of been given to you back in august :tickled:

I know, sorry my life has been quite complicated since August and it hasn't ended yet :(. I will try to contact her again, btw can you PM her mobile phone number?

You want to hear their classics and played better, take out your CD's. Much cheaper :loco: otherwise your concert money is better off paying for 2 maybe even 3 concerts of other bands that are much worthy of your hard earned money... :Smokedev:

I'm amazed that a guy in USA understand me better than people in here (Robbie you're excluded from the lot ;) ).

I wouldn't mind to go to a Metallica concert if someone had a free ticket but if it not a free ticket than no.I will give Lars this.

Specially with this setlist:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Disposable Heroes
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred :puke:
The Memory Remains :puke:
Sad But True :puke:
Turn the Page :puke:
All Nightmare Long :puke:
Kirk Solo #1 :puke:
The Day That Never Comes :puke:
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Kirk Solo #2 :puke:
Nothing Else Matters :puke:
Enter Sandman :puke:
The Prince
No Remorse
Seek and Destroy

(and I really don't need 'One' or the Diamond Head cover either, so make your numbers...)

That has to be inherently wrong, isn't it? :err:

idk. but ive never paid more for or seen a higher priced maiden ticket (for the places i go to) in comparison with metallica.

i got a maiden front row pit ticket at philly' big venue, (its not that big of a pit though) for $90 including the $12 live nation raped me out of.

for metallica, the base price for one of those was 80 last time. now thats some shit.

that and metallica plays in one of the smaller places here, the hockey rink, just because they like center stage and seem to forget that in doing so they screw many people out of opportunities to see them, and those that do are paying alot more because the capacity is much lower.