Metallica is working on Big Four thing

manu_8

what doesn't die hard 4.0
Apr 20, 2008
Madrid, Spain
Interview with Rob Trujillo:

Chris Varias of Metromix conducted an interview earlier this week with METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo. The question-and-answer session follows below.

Metromix: There's a rumor going around now about the four classic thrash bands (METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX) touring together. How would you feel about being part of that?

Trujillo: I think it's great. We've had a few different conversations on the subject. I'm friends with (SLAYER's) Kerry King and had dinner with him a few months back, and it came up there. I think (MEGADETH's) Dave Mustaine is amazing. I've never had a problem with him personally. I think it'd be great if METALLICA shared the stage with his band. METALLICA's still great friends with (ANTHRAX's) Scott Ian. There's a lot of history there. I think it'd be great for metal. I don't think all four bands have played together at the same time.

Metromix: So there's truth to the rumor?

Trujillo: There is, but nothing's concrete. It's not a sealed deal. We're working on it.

Metromix: How would egos come into play in terms of the order of bands on the bill?

Trujillo: Oh, there'd be a lot of egos. I think we'd be OK. It'd be an issue with the other three bands.

Metromix: How so? Would Dave Mustaine have an issue opening for METALLICA?

Trujillo: I don't think that would be an issue. I think it would be more an issue between MEGADETH and SLAYER.

Metromix: What's the story there?

Trujillo: I don't know if it would depend on the city, but I'm sure between those two bands, they would want to be up on the bill. I don't know. Who knows? My prediction is that maybe there would be something there. The only way we would do it is if we're headlining, and we would probably be the ones to put it together. I'm not saying that in a disrespectful way. All of these bands are amazing and super-cool.

Metromix: You played with Ozzy. Maybe you could get Sharon Osbourne to put the tour together.

Trujillo: Oh man, yeah. Let's see. She's a phone call away. Maybe I can get Ozzy to manage the situation. He'd sort them all out.

Metromix: When is METALLICA recording its next album?

Trujillo: I don't know — maybe next week, maybe tomorrow. Who knows? I'll talk to the guys today and see if they're up for it. Actually there's gonna be about another year of touring, so that's a hard one to say. There are a lot of ideas floating around. We always have recording gear on tour with us so we're always recording our ideas, but obviously the songs have not been written.

Metromix: Do you expect the new record to be a continuation of the "Death Magnetic" sound?

Trujillo: Going back to "Death Magnetic", it was great because (producer) Rick Rubin helped kind of bring Lars and (singer-guitarist) James (Hetfield) back into that sort of thrashy element. I think it will have a thrash factor. Keep it heavy. Keep it grooving. Keep it thrashy.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127040
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I just heard this updated news on Sirius/XM. I sure hope Testament gets to be on this tour.

The DJ also said he spoke with the manager of Anthrax and they will have some major news in the upcoming weeks.

Wow I don't care if Anthrax opens every show as long as they are on it, love Testament but if someone has to be left out then Anthrax gets the gig. C'mon John sign the deal and make this happen!!!

i also think neither slayer or megadeth would like to be on after anthrax,whatever said bout anthrax 1 thing is for sure,they are an outstanding live band,of all the bands ive seen pantera were the only ones to rival them

I just heard this updated news on Sirius/XM. I sure hope Testament gets to be on this tour.

The DJ also said he spoke with the manager of Anthrax and they will have some major news in the upcoming weeks.

I just wanna hear the new goods. Cmon guys get this music out pls

hmmm...he will most likely just announce the news about ATL remaster?...:)

I kinda dislike the way they are dealing this singer issue - they are giving hints and hope but nothing concrete. IMHO it would be better if they kept their mouths shut till they have some formal announcement to make.

T:)

Well, that, in combination with Scott's twitter:
"Got some great news today. How do ya like that? Forward motion or death. That's what sharks say."

:kickass:

I do have to agree with the post above about all the little hints and tidbits. Why all the bullshit?

The only thing that makes me slightly skeptical about their manager saying they have an annoucnement coming soon, is that the manager said that a few days BEFORE Scott supposedly heard the great news. You would think Scott would know before the manager does?

The only thing that makes me slightly skeptical about their manager saying they have an annoucnement coming soon, is that the manager said that a few days BEFORE Scott supposedly heard the great news. You would think Scott would know before the manager does?

The way things are with Scott, I wouldn't be Surprised if Neil Turbin got news about Anthrax before he did. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if Izzy knows things before Scott.

Found this on the blabbermouth board, but it looks like The Big Four tour was just a rumor (see last question/answer):

MEGADETH's MUSTAINE Says 'Endgame' Is Better Than METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic' - Sep. 23, 2009

Kevin "Taz" Conklin of "The Big Dumb Radio Show" (web site) — which airs on Kalamazoo, Michigan's 92.5 WZUU FM radio station — conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine earlier this week. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow.

On how "Endgame" has been received thus far:

Mustaine: "The record is a complete smash success right now for us. Even web sites that are notorious for hating MEGADETH, like Blabbermouth, we got an 8.5 out of 10 there. I mean, go figure. And they even said something that was kind towards me, saying, 'Well, maybe it's time for us to take a lesson from Professor Dave.' And I'm thinking, 'Huh?!' I guess hell must be frozen. [laughs] And I just heard that there's a magazine — a very high-ranking, established institution... magazine in the U.K., one of the guys there said that MEGADETH is better than METALLICA. And I was like, 'Oh, my God. The next thing you know I'm gonna wake up and I'm gonna be 16 again and I'll have somebody really hot and young laying in my bed.'"

On whether it gets annoying being asked about METALLICA all the time:

Mustaine: "Nah, it depends on what they're talking about. If it's the 'he-said-she-said' stuff, that's not OK, because they weren't there. But if it's stuff like talking about anything that was to happen, currently or in the future, it's total speculation and it's up in the air. I really don't like talking about it, because I have a new record out and I've heard both records [referring to METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic' and MEGADETH's 'Endgame' — Ed.], and I think mine's better. And that's not a dig at [METALLICA]; it's just how I feel. And I know that they've got a lot of records that are better than the stuff I've put out, but not all of it, and certainly not the stuff that we made together."

On whether MEGADETH has been approached to do the "Big Four" tour with METALLICA, SLAYER and ANTHRAX:

Mustaine: That's just a rumor. We found out for sure it was a rumor [last week when we were in New York City for the taping of the 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' show]. My manager met with their agent and he said there's nothing [to the rumor], so if their agent doesn't even know about it, there's nothing."

Here's the link if you want sound clips: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127510

hmmm but sometimes rumours start living life of their own...if there's enough public demand...so who's got Lars' phone number?

T:)