Metallica/Jasonic/sick of this

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's the most recent post from babblemouth regarding "JASONIC'S" thoughts on Metallica.
1> How bitter is old Jasonic?!
2> While he's playin' 1/2 full clubs with the Voivod Tribute Band this summer, Metallica$h will be packin' them in in the stadiums....
3> He' makes some good points, but they are over shadowed by his bitterness....
JASON NEWSTED: 'METALLICA Are A Joke!' - Feb. 12, 2003

Ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has slammed his former bandmates over their decision to tour this summer with LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT, calling the move "an obvious cash thing" and claiming that the group are "not staying true to their words."

"It's a joke, I think METALLICA are just a joke," Newsted told Britain's Rock Sound magazine in reference to the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, which kicks off on July 4. "I don't think they have any idea. I am fan of METALLICA again, I did my thing in there and felt good and I'm proud of that shit and I am more proud than sour. But that's the integrity down the fucking tube! Why can't they take out STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, why can't they take out IN FLAMES? What they are doing now is such an obvious cash thing and has nothing to do with the music that we're supposed to be fighting for.

"Kirk got quoted about their new record sounding like ENTOMBED. How can it sound like ENTOMBED, how? Who is playing bass to make it sound like ENTOMBED? James is a good bass player, but c'mon, dude! Lars — he hasn't practiced enough drums over the years — he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have, so how is it going to sound like ENTOMBED and have that energy? And anyway if they are speaking like that how come they are not talking ENTOMBED out on tour? Or MESHUGGAH — how came they are not staying true to their words? That's what really bothers me."

Newsted's new band, VOIVOD, start their U.S. tour on April 10 and are set to visit Europe in June — but don't expect to see METALLICA and VOIVOD on the same bill.

"There is political shit going on, they are really against us being on the same bills," Newsted explained. "Wherever METALLICA is, you won't be seeing VOIVOD."

VOIVOD's new, self-titled album is due on March 4 through Newsted's Chophouse Records in association with Surfdog Records.

I don't think his points are overshadowed by his bitterness, actually I agree with him 100%. I don't think they shold have taken metal bands on their tour (since their new stuff isn't metal) but damn, get bands with some fucking reputation, respected musicians and committed to their work. Fred Durst? give me a fuckin' break.

(this is coming from someone that defended Metallica all the time)

A nice little tour if everybody would have worked out, to me would have been

Opener: Black Label Society
Main Act (Switch Off and On each show) Metallica, Guns N' Roses

That woudl be great. You have the great metal band like BLS who has the greatest modern guitarist in the heavy metal scene named Zakk Wylde. Guns N' Roses and Metallica had a awesome tour in early 90's but unfortunatly got cut off because of James's unfortunate mishap on stage.

No matter how garbagy Metallica is now, they still play their older stuff at concerts,and it is metal damnit. It shoudl not be infected witht his Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park crap. Gah!

Like Jason said, they should take a "lesser known band" like In Flames on tour with them. It doesn't have to be In Flames, but it could be someone that they could help get a bigger fan base. Kinda like what Megadeth did with Iced Earth.

Fuck that. Metallica flamed Jason a hell of a lot worse than he did them... saying things like "He's going to ruin Voivod." and making fun of his Echobrain sales, etc...not to mention all the years they treated him like shit...he has more than the write to say those things... and I agree with him...They're a bunch of cash grabbing pricks.

Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Fuck that. Metallica flamed Jason a hell of a lot worse than he did them... saying things like "He's going to ruin Voivod." and making fun of his Echobrain sales, etc...not to mention all the years they treated him like shit...he has more than the write to say those things... and I agree with him...They're a bunch of cash grabbing pricks.

All great points:lol:
I still think he'll have a dose of reality when he finds himself playing in front of 75 people if & when he tours with Voivod.
As for Metallica$h, we'll they were throwing out names like Entombed, Meshuggah as influences for this new disc.
I don't think it will remotely sound underground, but hey, they threw out those names not the fans....

Who cares? Metallica and Jaysonic should be castrated, and have their children killed so that we don't have to put up with their children and so on like we have to put up with them.

He should shut the fuck up and get out of Voivod. He is ruining that great band. He is quite clearly trying to get creditability in the metal scene by insulting Metallica.

I'm so glad I jumped off the Metallica bandwagon years ago, after the black album and Enter Sandman. Not that I thought it was a bad album, but seeing jocks running around with Metallica shirts was waaaaaay too much for me. I didn't blame the band--but the marketing machine completely blew away any possibility of Metallica bringing innovative music into the mainstream.

That was 10 years ago now--it's time to move on. I had no idea Jason Newsted was out of Metallica, to be honest. My question would be: why does anyone even care?

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I just find it hard to believe anyone cares about Metallica anymore. Like I said: its been over for 10 years. Long ago and far away. There's way too much great music out there to care about a bunch of drunken media babies like Metallica.

--S

All he says is true.I will be amazed if any of this album sounds even slightly like Entombed.It is the most pathetic attempt to regain credability among metal fans I have ever heard.And at the same time they have a rap singer on a track as well as touring with Nu-Metal bands.Metallica have become a joke.

I think the closest Metallica will ever come to sounding like Entombed would be along the lines of the extremly boring Same Difference album. But unlike Metallica, Entombed got back on track.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Judging from the new songs, he already has.
Originally posted by union9
I think the closest Metallica will ever come to sounding like Entombed would be along the lines of the extremly boring Same Difference album. But unlike Metallica, Entombed got back on track.

MacMoney-kept it simple & to the point=:lol:
Union9- I know you don't believe they will sound anything like Entombed do you?! I mean they threw out names when they started recording & that was just a way of getting a "buzz" behind the new record. In the end, I think it will be a cross between "Black" & "Reload." That's just what I think....:D

Originally posted by Soul_Schizm
I'm so glad I jumped off the Metallica bandwagon years ago, after the black album and Enter Sandman. Not that I thought it was a bad album, but seeing jocks running around with Metallica shirts was waaaaaay too much for me. I didn't blame the band--but the marketing machine completely blew away any possibility of Metallica bringing innovative music into the mainstream.

That was 10 years ago now--it's time to move on. I had no idea Jason Newsted was out of Metallica, to be honest. My question would be: why does anyone even care?

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I just find it hard to believe anyone cares about Metallica anymore. Like I said: its been over for 10 years. Long ago and far away. There's way too much great music out there to care about a bunch of drunken media babies like Metallica.

--S

I remember seeing what you're talking about. The Jocks & Necks gettin' into Metallica. It happended just like it did with AC/DC & Van Halen. They would listen to their daily diet of Country & Pop & would "like" these bands that I mentioned... Kind of fake. I think they(bands/musicians) are in it to make money. In all three examples mission accomplished. I think with Metallica the "underground purists" turned on the band after the Black Album. I'm not a hardcore fan anymore. I still buy the discs(except for that sickening S&M), because I still "like" the band.
You can like them, Love 'em or Hate 'em they aren't going away...

Originally posted by sixxswine
I remember seeing what you're talking about. The Jocks & Necks gettin' into Metallica. It happended just like it did with AC/DC & Van Halen. They would listen to their daily diet of Country & Pop & would "like" these bands that I mentioned... Kind of fake. I think they(bands/musicians) are in it to make money. In all three examples mission accomplished. I think with Metallica the "underground purists" turned on the band after the Black Album. I'm not a hardcore fan anymore. I still buy the discs(except for that sickening S&M), because I still "like" the band.
You can like them, Love 'em or Hate 'em they aren't going away...

SHIT!!!! You're going to buy it? I'm going to download it and burn it to CDs for all my friends.:devil:

You're right, sixx. They definitely aren't going anywhere.

*sigh*

And I suppose we call all hope that somehow, some way, in some future year, Metallica will return to its roots.

I guess there's one good thing about this: Metallica is so huge, none of us will *have* to buy the album before we've heard every song 20 times. So you will definitely know what you're getting--whether it's from radio, the internet, or TV. Metallica will be everywhere again once the new CD is released.

--S

Originally posted by Dodens Grav
I don't believe in burning cds for some odd reason (a lot of Metal fans especially have a tendency to enjoy the actual packaging very much), so I'll be buying it as well.

I don't either, but it's Metallica for fuck's sake!

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
SHIT!!!! You're going to buy it? I'm going to download it and burn it to CDs for all my friends.:devil:

Yes I will. Here's my reasoning. It's not like I'm gonna pay to see them perform live anymore. There's just something about spending $45-65 for a damn ticket. They'll be playing very little stuff that got me "hooked" on the band. Spending $15.00 for a disc is nothing. As far as "burning" copies?! I could get a copy burned, but why? I don't want to get into a habit of not "buying" stuff. This hurts the bands that that are still paying their dues. I know. This is Metallica. There's just something about going out & buying a new release at the store...
May or may not make sense to you. That's just my opinion.:D