Metallica Through The Never

M

metalhead3ecr

Just saw this in IMAX 3D last night. Awesome footage, incredible sound, decent side-story with Trip the roadie.

I would honestly recommend seeing it in theaters just for the sound. Loudest movie I have been to and the mix was great.

:headbang:

Is "Loudest movie I have been to" supposed to be a compliment?

Let me clarify. I went to a theater I had never been to before and I walked in with two gut feelings:
1) the movie was going to suck
2) the live sound would be awful

Thankfully, both of these thoughts were wrong. The movie had some really cool shots and 3D moments. As for the sound, I felt like I was at the concert. There was the perfect amount of lowend and Lars' kit sounded great. The guitars were not too bright or scooped either.
It was still the loudest movie I went to. The theater didn't have any showings in the two rooms to the right and the left strictly because the concert would be heard over other films.
It was loud in a good way. Not deafening, or ear fatigue loud, but just enjoyably loud...if there is such a thing!

Is it more or less a concert movie or does the "story" with that roadie guy actually justify the ticket prize? How much of the movie does it take over anyway?
I can certainly live without the bazillionst Metallica live video - even if it's a good one (and apart from Lars' drumming it looks to be good from the Trailer).

They do not play through the never in the movie.
It is a concert movie first. But the side story has some interesting concepts/scenes.

I felt like I was at the concert

That sucks. From the couple of previews I've heard, james sounds like total crap, and we all know what level lars and kirk operate on nowadays. I heard a clip of ride the lightning playing over some football highlights on espn and I seriously thought at first that it was some crap-ass cover. Would've never guessed they would end up sounding that bad.