Metallica's hBlackened on drums

lgalicki

Mar 11, 2010
Hello guys!

I've recorded a cover of Blackened, from Metallica. I used to play this song a lot when I was younger and I had more hair in the top of my head. I always enjoyed a lot playing it, so I decided to recall it by making this video.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty good question!

I used to play in acoustic drum sets, but then I got married and took some time off drumming and music. I ended up selling my acoustic kit, but after a couple of years I couldn't stay away any longer, and I wanted to keep drumming at least as a hobby. The problem was that I moved to a place where I can not produce all the noise I want, so I went for an electronic drum kit. It's got its disavantages, but also some advantages, like the easiness of recording something, for exaple.

It's my second e-kit. The first one was a real piece of crap, but this one is a lot nicer. They've evolved a lot in the last years, and they're getting better and better with time. The top ones usually surprise people who are not acquainted to them a lot!

I already told my wife that when we move to a better house, I'll have my little home studio with an acoustic kit in it. It doesn't mean I'll abandon the e-kit, though!

Regards!

I could also go for a triggered and muted acoustic kit, but I'd have problems with the cymbals. I also considered the reduced space needed for the e-kit, but I gotta say I miss playing in my acoustic kit too.

Yeah, I'm not a drummer but I've had to help him lug his acoustic set around enough to know it's a pain and to know it's hard to find a place where it will fit (Double bass set, naturally he plays metal)

Damn! It must have been a lot of fun to find space for those two kick drums, heh!? I've always used double pedal because it's cheaper, it requires less space and it doesn't force us to tune two double basses exactly the same, which can be a bit trickier for situations where we're using microphones in them.

When I become a super rockstar, with lots of money and roadies, I'll surely have double bass, though. :D Lots of girls too! :D

Haha, fun isn't quite the word for it, I tried talking him into getting the double pedal but he insisted it would sound better with two basses, which is unfourtunate because now me and the other guitarist in our band end up carrying half his kit, and when coming back from gigs we have to carry it up a staircase thats almost vertical its so steep and just barely wider than a person, not looking forward to the recording situation either...

When I become a super rockstar, with lots of money and roadies, I'll surely have double bass, though. Lots of girls too!

Haha, that's the way to go