Metallica's new bass player might be...

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
Melanie.

Just kidding. Got this from Blabbermouth.net

According to a Sony Records Germany newsletter, OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Robert Trujillo is the top candidate to fill the slot in METALLICA left vacant by the departure of Jason Newsted. Although presently unconfirmed, this report appears to have been given more credence after it was published on the official web site of the top German metal magazine Rock Hard (www.rockhard.de).

Trujillo, who was once a member of the influential metal/punk act SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, was previously believed to be out of the running for the METALLICA position after it was announced that he would be handling the bass duties during the upcoming U.S. dates by BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.

This rumor has been denied as Trujillo is playing the Ozzfest this summer and is confirmed for Ozzy's dates.

At this rate the next bass candidate will be flea. I thought Bob Rock was their new bassist? Their cover of '53rd & 3rd' on the new Ramones tribute was torture to sit through. :yell:

Bob Rock is only playing bass on the album. He's not becoming a full-time member as he doesn't want to tour.

once great now shitty sellout "heavy metal(and i use that loosely)" band that regularly continues to prove how much we arent metal anymore seeks bassist

no wonder nobody wants the job, i wouldn't audition if they begged me to