MetalReview.com review of The Blue

'While they’ve been compared to Katatonia, The Old Dead Tree, and Opeth, among others... there’s not a group out there that sounds exactly like Novembre, even if the aforementioned do indeed share a few traits'. :headbang:

Good review, but....

the production is no where near a 5. Whoever did the mix should be fired. The separation of the mix is horrible. Still a great release none the less.

I disagree. I think the production is great. What's wrong with a full sound? You can still hear every melody and guitar flourish. It's a hell of a lot better than 'Materia' which I consider to be their weakest 'modern' album.

I don't know is it production or what but I think the sound is bit too messy in the heavy-sections
but it could be worse..

I disagree. I think the production is great. What's wrong with a full sound? You can still hear every melody and guitar flourish. It's a hell of a lot better than 'Materia' which I consider to be their weakest 'modern' album.

Correct, They've always had everything about even in the mix. A lot of the time the gain is so cranked it becomes a wall of distortion which clouds the notes, and what's going on. Wall of distortion is cool when utilized correctly meaning not all the time. It's like any other effect cool when not overused. The whole dynamics of the cd are gone because there is no impact. The guitars are so layered, but distortion is just too high. I really don't think you understand what's actually being lost here. A lot of the time you can just barely make out acoustics or the actual melodic lines, but the distortion is constant. Sometimes the cloud of distortion is so bad it becomes fizz, which seems like a mess. It's a two sided blade because a good guitarist knows not to always crank the gain because things became too fizzy, and also utilize more picking dynamics meaning strumming softer, and harder to have a wider impact. But I swear if you would hear this cd with an actual good mix it would be like brining a whole new dimension to the cd.

The music here is astoundingly beautiful my complaint is in how much of it's beauty is actually being fully realized.