Method of Input?

Which method of input do you use to record?

• Microphone and line in

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Microphone and mic in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Direct from preamp to line in

• Direct from preamp and mic in

• Other (post below)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I didn't know which to choose, other or pre-amp to line in. I am certainly going line-in...I just was not sure if the POD counts as a pre-amp....it is a bit more complex than just a pre-amp.

Originally posted by rabies
I didn't know which to choose, other or pre-amp to line in. I am certainly going line-in...I just was not sure if the POD counts as a pre-amp....it is a bit more complex than just a pre-amp.

Yea, I really meant "pre-amp type" rather than the proper meaning of a preamp, though I think I'd call the POD a preamp anyway. It's much more complex than the preamps you and I grew up with, but it's really a "hybrid" sort of combination unit of a preamp/digital effects unit like my Nightbass. Gotta love digital processing, eh? :D

Anyway, for the purposes of my little poll here, we'll consider a preamp as "anything that processes your sound for output to an amplification or recording unit". :D

For vocals, I go from mic to mixer to line-in.
For guitar, I go from guitar to amp modeler to mixer to line-in.
For bass I go from bass to mixer to line-in (hense ny shitty bass recordings).

Originally posted by jim
For vocals, I go from mic to mixer to line-in.
For guitar, I go from guitar to amp modeler to mixer to line-in.
For bass I go from bass to mixer to line-in (hense ny shitty bass recordings).

There's no usable settings on the POD for bass Jim?

One of the things I like most about my Nightbass unit is that it includes a whole bunch of guitar parameters and presets too. Basically, even though it's mostly optimized for the bass, it can be used as a preamp for just about anything, even vocals. I assumed the POD was the same way?