Mic comparison

Sep 20, 2005
I just finished recording a band and re-amping the guitars, so I thought I'd share my mic comparison with you guys. Here's the stuff used 6505+, Mesa oversized cabinet and Maxon 820, four tracks, the left two tracks are with a Schecter with EMGs, one on the green channal, one on the red channal, the right two tracks are a les paul custom, one green channel, one red channel.

One CAD condenser microphone (that's my normal vocal microphone) is on a speaker pretty much straight on. Then there's a SM57 straight on a different speaker pointed directly at the middle, then there's an i5 angled on the same speaker as the SM57.

No processing on the guitars except for a little C4 and L2 on the whole mix.

Soundclips can be found here:
F Sladkey - free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick

if there's any confusion as to what's what just ask.

Here are some pictures of the mics

MFTD&

Sm57i5top.jpg

Wholesetup.jpg

Tell me what's your favorite and what I should do differently next time! I'll be making the decision of what to use in the end of course. ;) Also if you have a request of some variation I'll make a clip for you.

SM57 on it's own. It is not as full as the i5 but definitely has a punchier sound, more defined. The guitar too middy and less defined with the others, but what do I know?:heh: