Rectifier orange/red vintage/modern SS/tube TS/noTS comparisons

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I've just recorded some really quick tests with my Recto.

The files are:
orange - vintage - tube rec - with TS
orange - vintage - tube rec - w/o TS
orange - vintage - SS rec - with TS
orange - vintage - SS rec - w/o TS
red - modern - tube rec - with TS
red - modern - tube rec - w/o TS
red - modern - SS rec - with TS
red - modern - SS rec - w/o TS

to not make it too complicated I skipped the channel cloning ones, although they're also interesting.

I didn't really adjust the settings between the clips, what I did was raise the volume a bit on the Tube Rec clips to get the same speaker breakup as with the SS rec (hich is a bit louder). And I also lowered the gain a notch on the clips with the TS to match it a bit more to the gain of the clips w/o the TS.

I'm aware that none of these clips is featuring a groundbreaking sound, and I didn't fuck with the knobs or mic settings but just flipped the powerswitch on and hit record, should be sufficient for a comparison though...

EQ settings on the orange channel were:
Pres: 3:00
BAss: 10:30
Mid: 9:00
Treb: 1:30

Settings on the Red Channel:
Pres: 10:30
Bass: 11:30
Mid: 11:30
Treb: 12:00

Sorry for the rather sloppy playing, they're all not the tightest sounding clips anyway ;)

Recto Comparison Clips

no post processing of course, mic was one single sm57.....make sure to balance out the volumes before comparing

if anyone would program some drums and play a bass that'd be swell

None of them are as drastic as I would think at all. I've played with mine and I feel like it does a bit more than what this is illustrating. I can't really argue with the facts though!

first :

lets hear a big big

>> thank you <<

to lasse for posting so many great comparisons here, making this forum still a place to be ! :worship:

RED MOD TSS << :headbang::headbang::headbang: man << i want that sound,
give it !!! NOWWW !!! harhar

can you tell what TS you are using ?

first :

lets hear a big big

>> thank you <<

to lasse for posting so many great comparisons here, making this forum still a place to be ! :worship:

RED MOD TSS << :headbang::headbang::headbang: man << i want that sound,
give it !!! NOWWW !!! harhar

can you tell what TS you are using ?

haha, thanks man ;)
it's a TS9 that I've modded to 808 specs. loving it ;)

Nice, just ordered a MOD kit on eBay plan to tear my TS9 apart ASAP! I’ve been struggling with recto sounds mainly cause I’m not familiar with the amp but these sound pretty good as is. Ive got a triple and can never get the right amount of crunch without getting buzzy sounding. What level are you normally leaving your master volume and output volume? These seem to change the amps sound drastically to me, also got to get used to playing with less gain. Thanks for the clips!