My Dual Rectifier video review/demo

The tubes are saggier and make it less responsive; might be ok for blues or other semi-distorted stuff (or maybe clean, I should experiment), but for anything hi-gain it's crap IMO (ironic since it's the namesake of the amp! :loco: )

Great video. Those settings are almost identical to what I use on the red and orange channel, respectively, on my 3-channel DR.

And regards to the rectifier tubes, I hated the stock Mesa rectifier tubes...much too mushy/saggy and useless for tight, high-gain playing. But I replaced them with a pair of JJ GZ34's and I absolutely love them. Extremely tight..probably as tight as the silicone diodes, but more musical sounding. I highly recommend them.

I'm not gonna comment on the amp, because I want one too bad and I just don't want to think about the fact that I'll probably never have one, but is that a George L's cable I see going into the amp? I love those!

Haha, Canare with Neutrik connectors actually (from the TS to the amp, it's a Planet Waves from my guitar to the TS)

well the first recto's were out in the first 90's, well it was designed in the year of '89 but it was commercialized for sure in the 90's.
Correct me if I am wrong ;)

I called it "a rectum-fryer" the first time I saw one considering how ass-frying the 3-channel models tone is :ill:

I've never played a two channel, only seen and heard on these forums. Metaltastic has made it pretty clear that it romps the rump of most other metal amps out tharr so I'm considering getting one. Any specific year I should be looking for, or are the two channelers (minus the first run or two) pretty much identical?

-Greg

Yeah, after serial #3000 or so, all the 2 channels are totally identical, so I'd say just look for one in good shape!

"french people again" ahahah

well Marcus :Smug:

being european, i got a racktifier, so 2channels.. in a rack ;)

"gnagna gnagnagna gna"

:D

very affordable.

its a 85 in the bridge in the guitar you used for the video ?

"french people again" ahahah

well Marcus :Smug:

being european, i got a racktifier, so 2channels.. in a rack ;)

"gnagna gnagnagna gna"

:D

very affordable.

its a 85 in the bridge in the guitar you used for the video ?

Hahahaha, touche :D And no, that's the 81 in the bridge for that vid, I've been using the 85 for awhile but find it way too muddy for my setup (and my tastes), but the 81 is also undeniably too sterile, so I'm gonna try Blackouts!