YT: Dual Rectifier metal...

Excellent quality, and it is pleasant to listen!) in what drums are written down or these are real?

Drums are Metal Foundry!

hey ola ! nice tones you've got there ! I have a little question for you.. how do u like that ibby ? is it good ?? Thanks !

Thanks man,

The Ibanez RGA7 is a decent guitar. Remember if you get one you have to put some cash on a new set of pickups aswell.

shock2.jpg

Sounds really good!!! Ok...you don't seem to do anything special with your guitars, just a 57 into your apogee. I've seen lots of your youtube stuff and listened to your clips here and everything thing you do sounds great! Does not seem to matter what amp/cab you use, Mesa sounds great, Engl Sounds great, Using a Hotplate at low volume sounds great, Axe-fx sounds great! You even told me you did no post EQing on your Axe-fx stuff and it sounds great! So WTF!!! So why? Could it be the apogee? is it really that much better? I mean, I know apogee makes some kick ass converters but the Duet is a 500 dollar unit. I'm about ready to switch to Mac and get one of these things.

Sounds really good!!! Ok...you don't seem to do anything special with your guitars, just a 57 into your apogee. I've seen lots of your youtube stuff and listened to your clips here and everything thing you do sounds great! Does not seem to matter what amp/cab you use, Mesa sounds great, Engl Sounds great, Using a Hotplate at low volume sounds great, Axe-fx sounds great! You even told me you did no post EQing on your Axe-fx stuff and it sounds great! So WTF!!! So why? Could it be the apogee? is it really that much better? I mean, I know apogee makes some kick ass converters but the Duet is a 500 dollar unit. I'm about ready to switch to Mac and get one of these things.

Thanks man,
Not all of my clips are without EQuing. All the Axe fx sounds are untouched since I do all equing and tone-tweaking in the unit itself.

But mostly I use a lowpass filter around 6000-7000. That's probably all I do and then try to put the mic in a good position.

And dude my first videos were all done with a Mackie Onyx interface so it's not all about apogee greatness.

Tone is in the fingers. Give credit where credit is due. My playing through Ola's setup would still sound sloppy and unremarkable.

Bobby

Yes rlcramer, Ola is a great player, I'm in noway trying to say its all in the equipment and nothing to do with his playing, but I'm just talking about the tone in a single power chord, not talking about fancy player or technique, I mean Bulb is a great player but I don't like his tone. And some of the tone is in the fingers but I think that argument is way overrated, I bet If I played with Meshuggah's rig I would pretty much sound like them when I held a couple chords, if I played with Vai's rig I'm pretty sure I could pull off some Vai sounding stuff, tone wise. Anyway I'm just trying to learn how to mix and get my stuff to sound as good as these guys. It seems like its taking FOREVER and its starting to drive me nuts!!!! Great job on your playing and mixing skills Ola.

Yes rlcramer, Ola is a great player, I'm in noway trying to say its all in the equipment and nothing to do with his playing, but I'm just talking about the tone in a single power chord, not talking about fancy player or technique, I mean Bulb is a great player but I don't like his tone. And some of the tone is in the fingers but I think that argument is way overrated,.

It is over-rated--especially absurd comments like tone is ALL in the fingers. Yeah..like your bango can do this sound:yow:

But..if you have ever reamp'd with a completely different sound(or changed sounds with amp software) you'll hear something strange. Something you know you played well will sound like crap through a tone(that you also know is good).

Why? Because the player adapts to the tone he is playing. Some people have a better knack for understanding the tone they are using--what is can and cant do---while other players with the same gear, even good players, dont have the EAR to adapt to the sound at their fingertips.

Along with that goes the ear to turn the dials and move the mic to exactly where they must go for their style.

Great stuff, Ola!

Just wondering how do you use the One's outputs to reamp... does it have XLR outpus even?