A little help with a dual recto...

Turn down the gain. I usually record with the gain around 11:30 to 12:00. This will give you a nice tight sound.

I'm wondering if you guys are certain that the presence is much higher on the 3-channels than on the 2, cuz I'd never heard this before...

Right here we go:

I recorded 3 clips of dual recto, same mic placement, cab and all that here:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/af3b918f-c41f-41f6-90f3-95c575047c89/Recto_settings

Mesa Dual ---> DOD308 ---> Jackson RR24 ----> Framus Dragon ----> SM57 ----> Focusrite Saffire Pro

Usual duty cap mic placement. Now I noticed something after I had recorded these I forgot to put the amp into silicon diode mode...so these clips are all BOLD but VAC TUBES!! I also recorded these pretty quiet.

The Settings were as follows:

RECTO NORMAL (my usual settings)

Bass: 12:00
Mids: 11:00
Treble: 12:00
Presence: 1:00
Gain: 2:30

RECTO LOW PRES

Treble: 1:00
Presence: 9:00

Then for the crack:

RECTO PRES OFF/LOWER GAIN

Presence: OFF
Gain: 1:00

All modern mode on the red channel. Excuse the playing! :)

This next clip is the second clip there (with the low pres) but with some EQ'ing and god damn I couldnt get away with this kinda EQ with my original recto settings, its just shill!!

However I think this one sounds pretty good.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1e66afbc-81f9-4988-a8cb-5e77fc630df5/Recto_lowpres_EQ

A lot more EQ friendly with the lower pres IMHO.

I'm wondering if you guys are certain that the presence is much higher on the 3-channels than on the 2, cuz I'd never heard this before...

Well, the red channel on the 2chan ones is pretty similar to the orange channel on the 3chan heads.

A lot of 2channel owners hate the 3channel ones, because they expect the red channel to be identical on the 2 and 3channel ones and try using the amps with same settings.

There is one channel more on the 3channel ones, so one channel must sound different when compared to the 2channel ones, and that is the red channel on the 3chan ones.

The best recording tones I've gotten out of the red channel on my 3-ch Dual were with the presence completely off. So, I concur and shit.

This next clip is the second clip there (with the low pres) but with some EQ'ing and god damn I couldnt get away with this kinda EQ with my original recto settings, its just shill!!

I am glad you liked the low pres settings too! I was just screwing around with my Triple today, and the 9o'clock setting seems to be the one for me. I hope I can get some clips up this weekend, I finally got my closed headphones(Beyerdynamic DT770M, awesome phones with great isolation), so it should be a lot more easier to try stuff out.

But great job mate, I think all the clips sounded awesome! :headbang:

I am glad you liked the low pres settings too! I was just screwing around with my Triple today, and the 9o'clock setting seems to be the one for me. I hope I can get some clips up this weekend, I finally got my closed headphones(Beyerdynamic DT770M, awesome phones with great isolation), so it should be a lot more easier to try stuff out.

But great job mate, I think all the clips sounded awesome! :headbang:

Yeah, when I put on the low pass it dosent change the sound drastically which the high presence setting did. A lot more workable also. I also prefer the 9 o clock setting, those clips are only 2 tracks so I got away with that amount of gain, maybe I would have the lower gain setting if I were doing 4 but that has settled me for now as a little test :) Gutted I forgot about the diodes but it can only get better if those tracks sound good :)

Hahaha thats one part of recording I hate, my headphones! Fricking pieces of shit in every respect possible, not even starting on the sound. They will do for tracking until I get some like you have! Good stuff man! Glad you liked the clips also! :lol:

Right here we go:

I recorded 3 clips of dual recto, same mic placement, cab and all that here:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/af3b918f-c41f-41f6-90f3-95c575047c89/Recto_settings

Mesa Dual ---> DOD308 ---> Jackson RR24 ----> Framus Dragon ----> SM57 ----> Focusrite Saffire Pro

Usual duty cap mic placement. Now I noticed something after I had recorded these I forgot to put the amp into silicon diode mode...so these clips are all BOLD but VAC TUBES!! I also recorded these pretty quiet.

The Settings were as follows:

RECTO NORMAL (my usual settings)

Treble: 12:00
Presence: 1:00

RECTO LOW PRES

Presence: 9:00

Then for the crack:

RECTO PRES OFF/LOWER GAIN

Presence: OFF
Gain: 1:00

All modern mode on the red channel. Excuse the playing! :)

Sounds great.

Well, the red channel on the 2chan ones is pretty similar to the orange channel on the 3chan heads.

A lot of 2channel owners hate the 3channel ones, because they expect the red channel to be identical on the 2 and 3channel ones and try using the amps with same settings.

There is one channel more on the 3channel ones, so one channel must sound different when compared to the 2channel ones, and that is the red channel on the 3chan ones.

Actually, since the clean channel on a 2-channel can be either clean or orange, I thought they just split those two into two separate channels for the 3-channel rectifiers, thus making the red channel the same on both.

Yes.... The red channel in the 3Ch Recto have a really high presence, too much higher than the Orange ..... Is in the recto's manual... And the Orange Channel in the 3Ch recto is more like the Red in the 2Ch recto.

By the way... thanks to everyone, you gave me a lot of useful information, but.... where can i find the Sneap Sttings for the Recto????

Thanks!

I have pretty much everything on my recto set to noon...presence a bit higher and bass and mids a bit lower. bold, solicone.
the again I have the 2ch, so that won't help you
(as stated before).
When I did FOH in the electric Ballroom in London we used a 3ch recto, the settings I've been using then were quite similar to my usual recording-settings and it sounded great and actually not that different from my 2ch on the red channel.
I didn't know that before but it seems like orange is the way to go on the 3ch....haven't tried the 3ch before ;)

Actually, since the clean channel on a 2-channel can be either clean or orange, I thought they just split those two into two separate channels for the 3-channel rectifiers, thus making the red channel the same on both.

Nope, this is what confuses a lot of 2channel users, they think that the red is the same 'ol red like on their 2channel heads. Like said, the orange channel is pretty much the red channel on the 2channel Rectos. So the three channel Recto's have two channels that are capable of wicked high gain tones. The orange is darker and the red is a lot more brighter.

Yes.... The red channel in the 3Ch Recto have a really high presence, too much higher than the Orange ..... Is in the recto's manual... And the Orange Channel in the 3Ch recto is more like the Red in the 2Ch recto.

By the way... thanks to everyone, you gave me a lot of useful information, but.... where can i find the Sneap Sttings for the Recto????

Thanks!

The Sneap settings:

Silicon Diode Setting
Bold Setting
Red (Modern) Channel
Treble: 11.30
Mids: 10 O'Clock
Bass: 11.30
Gain: 12:30
Presence: 12.30
Master: 10 O'Clock

As mentioned before, these settings are for a 2channel Dual Rectifier, so if you wish to use 'em with a 3channel head, use the orange channel.

These settings were used on Nevermore's Dead Heart in a Dead World, freaking awesome sounding guitars!

Oh, and Sneap used an Ibanez TS9 as a boost!