Mic stands with heavy round metal bases?

Or you can try to weigh down the base of you tripod stands.
I had a similar problem with using my sE Reflexion Filter. My stands were very topheavy and
it took almost nothing to topple it over and potentially slam my mic into the ground.

Solution: I took the inner tube of a car tire, cut it open, filled it with dry sand and then sealed the ends.

This holds my mic stand securely in just about any situation.

EDIT: I might have misunderstood a bit. Is the problem a wobbly stand or just that its
a bitch to get the stands in position around the drumkit?

EDIT: I might have misunderstood a bit. Is the problem a wobbly stand or just that its
a bitch to get the stands in position around the drumkit?

This is correct! But thanks for the input on keeping the tripod ones stable either way, will come in handy!

I just need short small footprint boom stands to use for snare and toms :/ I've got about 10 stands right now but need to pick up another 8 or so and am really dreading resorting to more tripod stands :cry:

You could try with some of these
http://www.apexelectronics.com/products.asp?cat=28&type=18&id=1074

OzNimbus seems to be happy with this one
4792_124618476080_640581080_3207997_6858929_n.jpg

Yeah I've got one of those that I use for my kick mic, would really prefer something with a boom though :/

THESE are exactly what I want! Funny how similar this pic is to Oz's :lol: How much do you want to bet a 5150 was hooked up to this cab at the time of the photo?
6.jpg