Mic Stands

Truth1234

New Metal Member
Dec 20, 2009
Hey, I've been reading this forum for awhile now but haven't really felt like I had anything to say. There's a lot of great info on this thread, thanks for all I've learned guys!
So my question is, where can I get some good, relatively cheap mic stands?

In my opinion, you shouldn't buy "cheap" when it comes to microphone stands. The difference in price is pretty meaningless. It's better to pay like ten bucks extra, than have your microphone fall on the ground after your stand fails you, right?

I recommend K&M stands, I don't think they cost too much, and they're standard quality in microphone stands.

I think it's worth having better stands for heavier mics but honestly the difference between my $20 on-stage booms and my $80 K+M's is not so great that I could justify a full fleet of the konig's.
The K+M's are nicer but I haven't had any problems with the cheapos sagging or failing in any way.

My On-stage stand has never let me down, nor had my Quik-Lok, until my cab fell onto one of its legs :lol:

+1 to OnStage stuff, all of my booms from them have been solid over the years. The one time I had to grab a cheap-o stand (needed more than I had) halfway through the session it fucked up and when I tightened it the screw stripped and I had to use duct tape to make it stay :lol: Moral is, don't skimp on stands, but OnStage stuff will do you well.

Yep. I have two crappy mic stands and an On-Stage mic stand. The On-Stage is really sturdy, I would suggest getting one or how ever many you need - they stay still.