Michael Jackson

Wacko jacko pops too many pills in one go and the internet grinds to a halt. Buddhist monks currently in chinese concentration camps? Who cares. He had a huge influence on music sure...but this is pushing it too far imo.

It is pushing quite far I also think but I do remember myself being like 3 years old and seeing him do the moonwalk for the first time and not understanding at all and trying to imitate him and kids were all trying to do it and blabla... so it became sort of cultural on an international scale. I cannot think of someone else who had success in this epic task of becoming an international cultural icon.
And the publicity aimed the kids unlike metal music. I don't know many 3 years old trying to imitate Slayer. And it reached more then one generation. So for me it is a bit like seeing a kid TV show hero from the old days pass away.

And I also wonder if people would make such a big fuss about it if the 50 London gigs were not scheduled. He was not doing nothing in a ranch somewhere, he was making the biggest return of all times and I think that inside somewhere people who "grew up" to his music kinda wish for him to have success or something. But now he's dead and it's all over. This is it.

I wonder if Elvis was that big in Europe when he was alive.

Crashing twitter and slowing all the internetz because you died is something. My netz sucked earlier but I thought it was the stupid company who sucks that was sucking cuz the phone line sucks. But no, some spacey moonwalking weirdo wearing white socks is dead. :p It's almost socially interesting.

Turns out Michael Jackson wasn't in hospital for a heart attack, he was visiting the childrens ward for a minor stroke.

ah lads give it a rest and have some respect for the man.(Krokit & EerieVon) without jackson the pop and rock culture as we know it today would not be here. (i know elvis started it all blah blah but MJ had a huge role to play in it and how it shaped music for our generation) dont buy into that pedo shit. he's just a very gentle innocent unknowing man and especially now that he has died there is no point ripping into that pedo shit. give it a fucking rest

it's being treated suspiciously authorities aren't sure to blame it on the sunshine, the moonlight or the boogie. the good times have declined to make a statement

Fuck... I was a huge fan as a little kid and I really loved a lot of his songs.

To me, he wrote some of the most intense and "heaviest" POP-songs of all time (listen to "Bad"). Thriller isn't only a great song - it's by far the most impressive music-video of all time.

I remember as a child, my older brother brought home the off the wall album and we listen to it over and over. r&b is what i had to listen to from birth till around age 10. it's crazy because I really never realized how much this man meant to me until yesterday. here's something else thats crazy....he was to go on tour in a few months...and he rehearsed in The Staples Center in LA....that's just to rehearse. and we still "rehearse" in our garages.