Michael Kiske is still amazing.

BTW, how the hell are your videos showing up? We used to just post the link and it displayed the video right on the post. Now all I see whenever I post something is the address.

Or is it displayed for everyone but the one who linked it? Do you have to embed it?

I'm not trying to offend or say you have shit taste in music, I would just like you to post something that doesn't either sound like Ryche, Maiden, washed-up has-beens or the endless sea of garbage German power metal bands.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. Over the last week or so I've posted like three bands that have nothing in common other than the fact that they have vocalists that have range in them, and they are some form of metal. The only one that is even close to being "German Power Metal" is Unisonic, for pretty obvious reasons. As a matter of fact, I don't even like 99% of the power metal out there. I can't stand it. I don't even truly like maybe a third of the songs on either of the Keeper albums, but the rest I think are pretty fucking great, even today.

My favorite vocalists of all time would be Dickinson, Tate, Dane, Kiske and King Diamond (depsite him being 90% falsetto, I enjoy it for the imagery), so why wouldn't I want to hear more music from these guys? I also don't really want to hear 80s music being regurgitated by other bands either, but if a band can come along that actually makes music that was on par (say what you will, but the 80s and really early 90s still had more of the best metal albums of all time compared to any other era) quality wise, why wouldn't I want to listen to it; because you can hear its roots? Uh, okay. I think the only bands that I've posted here in probably the last five years that could legitimately be called out on having an 80s style (not production), that I like anyway would be Hell, Attic and to a lesser extent Unisonic. Attic would be the only band that's pure recycling, but hey, they do it so well. :lol:

I agree about finding something new, but for me that's a lot harder than it is for you apparently. I'm tired of everything "new" having to have some form of screamo, emo, black or death vocals in it, or it doesn't count as "metal". The majority of the vocals in these bands are fucking terrible. It was tolerable when you had bands that were actually making good music, but anymore it's the same recycled bullshit, with boring, drum machine like blast beats or the same "let's try emulating the sound of a bee" guitar picking (when it's not djent). Hell, I'd rather listen to Alter Bridge than the majority of "real" metal bands that are out there now. And unlike you and John, I don't sit there touching myself over the latest band that plays a flute and has an accent so thick you can barely understand it just because of how different it is.

BTW, how the hell are your videos showing up? We used to just post the link and it displayed the video right on the post. Now all I see whenever I post something is the address.

Or is it displayed for everyone but the one who linked it? Do you have to embed it?

We had this conversation last year I think. Just a few days ago I think it was Neal that said you can just copy/paste everything in the link, but drop the "s" in https. What I do though, is just copy everything after the "v=" and put that between "youtube" and "/youtube" in brackets. Just quote a post here with a video in it and look.

Ok, well, if that's your thing, more power to you. I like those bands too, but I still think it's dated, boring, and unimaginative. I think you're limiting yourself too much, but that's entirely your business and taste.

Thanks for the info about the vids.

Speaking of German Power Metal, I went to see Blind Guardian yesterday, which was great. This is one of the bands that have evolved since their origin. The latest album is very interesting, and very different from what they used to do in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. It's not an easy one though.

He was great! Completely in tune, still hitting those damn high notes right in the middle, many well played variations in intonation and emotion. His voice broke one time or two during the show, but nothing really serious. I really dig the modern days Hansi. I think it's one of those singer that improved a lot with time. He's so much more creative now. The early albums always sounded thrashy in the vocals to me (thrash in the sense of annihilator or forbidden, not slayer): everything shouted, albeit with a relatively clean voice. Now, the voice is a real instrument with really complementary lines.