MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK: New Song 'Where The Wild Winds Blow' Available For

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Classic Rock magazine has premiered "Where The Wild Winds Blow", a brand new song from MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK. The track, which can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below, comes off MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK's new album, "Bridge The Gap", which will be released on December 2. MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK features legendary German guitarist Michael Schenker alongside vocalist Doogie White, guitarist/keyboardist Wayne Findlay, bassist Francis Buchholz and drummer Herman Rarebell. The CD marks the first time Schenker and fellow ex-SCORPIONS members Buchholz and Rarebell have appeared on the same album since the classic 1979 SCORPIONS LP "Lovedrive". "Bridge The Gap" is described in a press release as "an album of 13 hard-hitting, adrenalin-fueled melodic rock'n'roll songs that showcase Shenker's distinctive and explosive guitar playing." Says White: "Michael and I had talked about recording an album after the tour of 2012. We never spoke about it again until January 2013, when he sent me seven ideas he'd been working on. "I'd never really written with him before, so I didn't know how flexible he would be, writing-wise. So I recorded some vocal tracks as ideas, and when Michael heard them, we were off and running. Within two weeks we were in the studio.” Adds Schenker: "I wanted to combine the old with the new; that's why the album's called 'Bridge The Gap'. I always have some new, fresh sparks to share when I record a new album. I am inspired from within — it's infinite like a kaleidoscope." According to Schenker, the album title has an additional meaning. "Everything that's currently going on in this world shows that people are desperate for change," he says. " We need to bridge the gap of poverty. There are too many innocent people getting killed in terrorist attacks. We need to leave all of this chaos behind us. We have to be strong. We have to continue moving forward, working together in a balanced way." "Bridge The Gap" track listing: 01. Neptune Rising 02. Where The Wild Winds Blow 03. Horizons 04. Lord Of The Lost And Lonely 05. Rock'n'roll Symphony 06. To Live For The King 07. Land Of Thunder 08. Temple Of The Holy 09. Shine On 10. Bridges We Have Burned 11. Because You Lied 12. Black Moon Rising 13. Dance For The Piper 14. Faith (bonus track; featuring lead vocals by Don Dokken)
michaelschenkertemple_bridgethegap_600.jpg

More...