Michelle Luppi's (VISION DIVINE) new Hard Rock/AOR band WOW!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Wow is there anything this dude touches that doesnt turn to Gold? Just got this and its great!

LOS ANGELES VOCALIST MICHELE LUPPI SPEAKS + NEW PREVIEWS:
Frontiers Records
previously announced the release of Los Angeles featuring Michele Luppi, due for release on July 6.
Los Angeles is Luppi's personal tribute to the AOR greats that shaped his singing and songwriting abilities and also features Fabrizio Grossi, Tommy Denander, Frankie De Grasso with Gregg Giuffria (House Of Lords) appearing as special guest on keyboards.

Michele comments a little more about the upcoming album, with these exclusive thoughts:
"The album features (beside me on all vocals) an extraordinary guitarist named Tommy Denander, the "great" Fabrizio Grossi on bass who also produced the whole thing (beside vocals of course) and Jimmy De Grasso on Drums. All these musicians did a fantastic job; it's so easy to work with such talented players…
I think the songs eventually sounded heavier the original ones; we all made effort in order to make the tunes sound "fresh". I've put all my passion and strength on this project, all the songwriters are well know on the AOR scene so....this is my personal tribute to the kind of Music which gave the desire to become a pro musician, the one that stuck into my heart in my early days and will be forever.
I'd like to thank Frontiers Records for the chance, in particular Serafino Perugino and Mario De Riso for their believing… I'm glad we have the biggest AOR label here in Italy!
About the guests… Well, before I decided to become a singer I've been a keyboard player for a long time… I know it may sound unbelieving but Gregg Giuffria has been my hero (along with Kiss…)… I loved all the albums he made with Giuffria and House Of Lords… They were my favourite bands, I'm not kidding! I used to have a portrait of Glenn playing keys with HOL hung on my studio and he definitely is one of my biggest influence. When Fabrizio told me he would play in a couple of songs and that he actually listened to the songs…well, can you imagine one of your heroes saying he was amazed by your singing?!?
It's a dream come true, I still can't believe it. When I'll have the booklet in my hands with me and him on the same record, well, then… I'll probably retire!! Just kidding!
The are some songs that I really love on Los Angeles (I would never sing a song I don't!) but let's say that "I Must Be Blind", "One More Try", "Measure Of A Man", "Caroline", "Run" and "When You Think Of Me" are my favourite ones (not in this order…). I hope more people will listen to my songs and share the beauty of this "branch of Rock" called AOR… AOR is the beauty within Rock Music and I'm very honoured to be part of it. We'll see…"

The track listing of Los Angeles includes the following tracks (with a few new previews added today!): I Will Carry You; I Must Be Blind; Thanks To You; Edge of Forever; Last Chance; Run; When You Think Of Me; One More Try; The Other Side; Caroline; Measure Of A Man.
The album will be released in Europe on Frontiers Records on July 6, with a Japanese release to be handled via King Records.
MySpace:
www.myspace.com/micheleluppi.

Not much of a hard rock fan at all, but I can't picture me not loving this with Luppi on it. I take it you'll be playing some of this stuff on your show this Wednesday? Please? :)

Not much of a hard rock fan at all, but I can't picture me not loving this with Luppi on it. I take it you'll be playing some of this stuff on your show this Wednesday? Please? :)

This week is the special Civilization One pre-listening show.....but that will only take up not even half the show......after that I surely will be spinning some of this plus some other great new stuff!