Midfield replacement for Barefoot MM27 (small room issues)

Proggm

Jun 24, 2008
Hey guys, monitoring issues here. Long short story: I've got a pair of MM27's, but they're just too big for my current room (not enough distance = failing to form an equilateral triangle = shitty M/S perception, etc).

I need a small (and powered) pair of monitors, good enough for someone used to high end stuff. The only problem is there aren't many options in my country due to imports, so, here are the choices I've been looking at: Focal CMS 40 and CMS 65, Dynaudio Bm6 and Bm15, Adam A5x and A7x.

Hope someone can help :worship:

I can only recommend the original Adam A7s. Not sure how they compare to the new A7xs but I LOVE my A7s. They translate really well. I also have a pretty small room..it's like 10'x13'.

I got mine used for less than half of a pair of the new model :headbang:

I say, go for the Focals, don't even consider the Dynaudio in that range, and as much as I like Adam, the Focals outshine them IMO. TBH though, all of those will be a pretty significant downgrade from the Barefoots... (as they should, considering the CMS 65s are the most expensive on your list, and they're more than $6000 cheaper). I like the CMS 65s better than the Solo 6s, FWIW.

Thank you guys. I've narrowed it down to the CMS 65s vs the A7Xs. Anyone got experience with the A7Xs?

I have A8X - like them a lot. Worked a fair bit on A7s too. X-series is generally better. A5X have very detailed midrange... with a sub you'd be in good shape.

Really want to hear the new EVE Audio monitors. Some dude from ADAM started making them fairly recently. I'm betting they're pretty cool.

I can't imagine going from barefoots to A7's. I'd look at the MM35 as well. Below that (in price and size) I'd look at the focal solo's. I love my twins.

I can't either, although he said he was looking at the a7xs so I was just sharing my experience with my a7s if it helped at all. I second the mm35s, and have heard focal twins and they're awesome.

I know guys, but as I told you: I'm really tired of constant double/triple/quadruple checking with different sources only to find out my balances are off, and to add insult to injury, I'm low on budget. Well, not that low - problem is import taxes are now higher than ever and it's just impossible to get a hold of higher end stuff :(

I know guys, but as I told you: I'm really tired of constant double/triple/quadruple checking with different sources only to find out my balances are off, and to add insult to injury, I'm low on budget. Well, not that low - problem is import taxes are now higher than ever and it's just impossible to get a hold of higher end stuff :(

As i said earlier Ns10's. You might be in the hate camp but i love them, and they should work very well in a small room. Just check the lowend in headphones and you will be alright. + They are cheap!

As i said earlier Ns10's. You might be in the hate camp but i love them, and they should work very well in a small room. Just check the lowend in headphones and you will be alright. + They are cheap!

I wouldn't call ns10 cheap. Ok by itself they are but when you add power amp and speaker cable to the cost:heh: