Midi notes randomly moving off-grid......

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
(in REAPER)

Did a search because I know there was a thread (or at least a post inside a thread) related to this within the past few months, couldn't find it.

Yesterday I was working on a project. I had midi drums created, but I wanted to cut out a certain section and move it to later in the song. So, no problem, right? Tempo is the same throughout, shouldn't matter if I cut and move midi at all.

So, I do this, and realize that the start of my midi (and actually it did this to my bass/guitars as well) got messed up. I don't have a screenshot as I fixed the issue manually.

The beginning of the midi was pushed away from the grid, leaving a small gap between the actual bar of the measure and the first midi note. (The actual "chunk" of midi was aligned at the bar, but the first note was pushed away...if this makes sense).

And also - my guitars/bass for this same section got shortened somehow by just a tiny bit. Again, I manually fixed this but it was a slight moment of retardation that shouldn't have happened.

Maybe I accidentally left "snap-to-grid" disabled? I didn't think that would matter. Midi/gtrs/bass were all grouped when I moved them. Just don't understand what could have caused this.