Might buy a used Roland TD-9K

ermsyc

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2010
South Texas
Hey guys i have the opportunity to purchase a used Roland TD-9K electronic drumset for $1,000.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-9K/

Its not the new TD-9K2 version. The main differences between the new and old version i guess would be the mesh heads for the toms and the kick pad. I could replace the rubber pads with mesh ones for about 300-400 more. Do you think i should go for it? or just save up and buy the new version for $1,799? I'm going to be using the kit purely for triggering midi in my daw so i dont care about the stock sounds at all. I'm just hoping the KD-8 Kick pad can handle double pedal well and that the rubber tom pads are decent enough to hold off on getting mesh.

honestly i think that's a pretty good deal, i'd go for it.

it's a matter of taste but having played an e-kit for several years i find that the rubber pads on my TD-6 kit are still good enough for playing rock and metal. more dynamic genres are a bit awkward to play on them but still possible. the KD-8 has handled my double-pedals for many years now, i wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah. The drummer in a band of mine uses that when he plays at church. It's not too bad, I've played on one before. We're gonna record with it eventually.

I have a TD3, and going off of what I see in the one you posted the triggers are identical. The only difference I see is the better brain and a different rack setup.

They feel good to play on man, and the TD3 I have triggers everything I have really well (superior, ez, AD, Slate, BFD).

The TD3 brain sounds like shit though. :lol:

thanks littlejohn, i'll go ahead and get the td9k. I can't justify spending a lot more on an electronic drumkit than what i've spent on drum mics and pres so i wont pay full price for the newer version