Mikael Åkerfeldt has played metal gear solid

Snake is a Rambo wannabe, Hideo Kojima ripped the whole idea off of Rambo and every 80's macho action flick.

Actually, mostly on Snake Plissken. Escape From New York, etc.

Great games, if not the GREATEST games. I always thought they could totally make a movie out of them, but it'd have to be make with every detail in mind and be of considerable length. Cool to know Mike plays them.

yeah ur rite. the 200+ hours of intriguing gameplay filled with a great main quest and side quests upon side quests, plus the dozens of "game of the year" awards it received. :)

Yes, of course side quests dealing with you killing someone or retrieving an item upon side quests dealing with you killing someone or retrieving an item; a whopping total of about 5 voice actors for 10.000 talking NPCs; no real conversations except quest directions and such; no real choices whatsoever; a totally fucked up leveling up system that makes ordinary bandits wear fucking glass armors when you hit level 30; and a main quest that mainly consists of you closing 10 oblivion gates and defeating the boss.

Oblivion is a fucking retarded game regardless of how many awards it has won. Morrowind is a much, much better game with much better atmosphere. Shit, I miss that game.

yeah ur rite. the 200+ hours of intriguing gameplay filled with a great main quest and side quests upon side quests, plus the dozens of "game of the year" awards it received. :)

Lol, "great" cannot really be associated with the quests, the plot was ridicolous, the whole daedric gates thing was boring at best, plus the "solve quest" button (a.k.a. as fast travel) killed the game completely for me. I wasn't really involved in exploring, the forests were all the same and the dungeon were generic crap, the first akin to the next.

No, definitely NOT the game of the year, imho.

5 Best games ever made

#1 Metal Gear Solid 4
#2 Final Fantasy VI
#3 Metal Gear Solid
#4 Metal Gear Solid 2
#5 Metal Gear Solid 3

ahem...

MGS4 was fucking unbelievable. I bought a Ps3 just for it and when I had beat it I sold it on craigslist lol. Now I find out they are most likely porting it to the 360 which I own, wups.

I was there that night.. my friend heard the "...metal Gear Solid" part.. I didn't.. coz I was partially deaf... my first Opeth Concert.. St. Louis "the Pageant" Oct 13.. they were EPIC!

rofl. The game was dead. The whole world felt absolutely dead. It was incredibly repetitive and contained no depth. Ultimately, there is nothing to be had out of playing Oblivion (I should know... I played too much of it before figuring this out).