Mikael, please help shed some light on your many "secret" projects!

ecksemmess

Apr 13, 2009
(...Unbelievably, it seems there has never been a thread about this on the forum! Apologies if there is and I missed it in search...)

As many on this forum have probably noticed, it says this on the Opeth official site:

Additional projects, past/present:
Mikael Åkerfeldt - S?rskogen, Eruption, Slo train company aka Blackhorse experience aka Castle music, Moonloop, Moon, El triumfo los muertos, Bruder des schattens, Heinz, Erase, Tv? apostlar, Headstone, Planet, Cerecloth, Probocis etc.etc

Other than Sörskogen and Eruption, I don't believe I've ever heard any mention of any of these (although now I know where Blackhorse Experience on this forum got his name ;) , also, thanks to Fredreik Odefjärd's recent info on my GR thread, we now also know that Mikael did a CD full of funk, hip hop and techno grooves, possibly the same as one of the projects mentioned above?)

Has anyone heard Mikael mention any of these projects in interviews, any details about them such as genre, how much material was written, what recordings exist if any, and so on?!?!

Mikael, help us dedicated fans out! :)

yeah I want that funk and dark techno so bad.. I've been sleepless since I heard of it, some months ago.

the guy he made it for wrote about it in a thread called "I can't sleep until I ID this song" or smth. find it yourself.
I will ask Mikael if he can create an album for me :)

Yeah I'm still fascinated about the CD made for Fredrik, and desperate to hear it, but since I'll probably never be so lucky, I made this thread to at least find out information about that other LONG list of projects I pasted from the web site. :)

I don't know if this information is well known, but the Wikipedia page about Steven Wilson says that there is a plan for Steven Wilson, Mikael Akerfeldt, and Mike Portnoy to collaborate on an album. Says it won't happen for a long time probably.

Oh my god that would be.... just awesome ^^

I read a interview with Steve Wilson in the "Gitarre und Bass" magazine from germany. He said that he has a secret projekt together with Mikael.

I would die happy if mikael and dan swano picked up where they left off

"mordet I grottan" was beautiful. Youtube it if you haven't already!

What I would REALLY want to hear is those two songs that have never been released from the Deliverance and Damnation albums. Oh wait, is that from these two albums? I'm not sure anymore. Oh yeah it is!

What I would REALLY want to hear is those two songs that have never been released from the Deliverance and Damnation albums. Oh wait, is that from these two albums? I'm not sure anymore. Oh yeah it is!

Yeah, Mikael said that 16 songs were fully recorded during the D&D sessions. I've always wanted to hear those too.

So has no one ever heard any info in interviews or anywhere about all those many projects Mike put in his list? Mike, you out there? :)