MIKE AMOTT: CARCASS Has Rehearsed And May Reunite For Tour

I would shit too.....another band has decided to cash in and reunite. Never a fan of Carcass. I think we learned from Atheist that these bands like this are not going to draw for fest like Powerfest. Something like Waken or a loarger fest like that sure...since there are other bands who are larger to draw the people in. If Carcass played it would have to be in the slot that Martyr had.

*shrugs* Just seeing Carcass would be great. Carcass having an OPENING slot would be a splendid idea to get people into the venue early as fuck... and people like Diabolik who don't look good music can just stay outside and not get hurt. :tickled:

*shrugs* Just seeing Carcass would be great. Carcass having an OPENING slot would be a splendid idea to get people into the venue early as fuck... and people like Diabolik who don't look good music can just stay outside and not get hurt. :tickled:

Are you one of the Gieko cavemen? "who dont look good music can just..."

Carcass are not that good. When are people going to realize that these bands that started in the late 80's and got known in the 90's are not shit anymore. I know that each person got into metal at different points in thier life and were not around for certain bands but in the 90's....metal sucked. There were still of a handful of bands doing good stuff but that is it. Grunge didnt kill metal. Metal killed metal. Lots of the great bands slowed down and released shit after shit albums. Lots broke up when the money stopped flowing in. Egos got big and people started solo projects thinking they could re jump start thier career. Metal got really stale. So I laugh when I see people thinking it would be a great thing to have these band play and thinking it will draw huge. We saw from Atheist how that would turn out.

I think that if Carcass played it would have to be non-headlining, even a co-headliner spot due to thier draw not being anything anymore. Sure you would draw out some outsiders but not enough to make back what it would cost to have them play.

Carcass are irrelevant now. In thier heyday....they would draw really well. The fans now who go to shows have no clue about older bands. The average metal fan listens to current bands. The sad part is that there are great overlooked bands out there but most people are lazy and wont research to find and discover new bands. I have been to a few fest and seen how well or not well these older bands draw. You get about 30 older crusty old guys who are shitfaced and basicaly being a headache to all who are around them. It is cool for nostalgia sake to see those type of bands but in reality...these bands dont draw. When they do play everyone always says....they are still around?

No I have seen many other bands re-unite for fest and the same type of turnout shows up. The reason promoters offer them gigs is because most still think they will draw. People tend to forget....about 70 percent of current metal fans are new still and dont know the older bands. These are the people going to shows and supporting fest. The other 30 percent who were there back then dont go to shows or just are lazy. that is the truth.

Another reason to that having bands like this play are not a good idea is because to make a fest survive you need to be bringing in fresh and new talent. Look how ProgPower works...gets some big name acts and the lower level bands are all newer bands who are gaining more and more fans. The Pitchfork festival in Chicago here...sure it is all crap alt rock but they get the newest up and coming acts who are about to break.

I have suggested many bands that are gaining more and more popularity. My main pick for this year would be Turisas. They are going to break out big soon. To get them now would be a great feather in the cap. YOu have to look ahead, not back.

I have never heard Turisas, and I never hear anyone talk about them, save for the few people that post on this board. They'd be a gamble, too. Would you be willing to help sponsor them?

I have never heard Turisas, and I never hear anyone talk about them, save for the few people that post on this board. They'd be a gamble, too. Would you be willing to help sponsor them?

Read any fest review from Waken to any out in Europe...even Zod and Brit who post here said they couldnt even get near the tent they played from the crowd going nuts for them. Thier stuff sells really well here in the states.

I have some issues of the whole sponsorship thing. That is something I would discuss in a private forum.

I did a little happy dance when I read this article over breakfast this morning. Whether it actually happens, we'll see, but to have Carcass back even for some off shows would be very cool. Honestly, even if they were considered for Powerfest, something tells me that their price wouldn't be that cheap.

I never heard of Turisas until Bob mentioned them when he confused them with Thurisaz for this year's fest. I've yet to check Turisas out, but maybe I should.

I really would be curious about your stance against sponsorship. Shoot down this band and that band...that's fine. But why not put your money where your mouth is and offer to bring a band over here that you do want? Somebody has to help foot the bill and you wouldn't even have to go at it alone. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just would like to hear your reasoning.

My first gripe is that if I was paying to bring a band over....they are headlining and getting a full set time. Secondly that going to shows and hanging out at after parties is not my thing. So having that extra perk of hanging out isnt my thing. I have hung uot with many and many bands...some even became good freinds with me to the point where they would call me to see what was going on and stuff. The closer I got to bands the less I liked them. I dont want to pay 500 bucks to see one band. No matter how much I like them, what if they had an off night or played a set list that wasnt that good. That would not be money well spent.

The comment made by many about putting your money where your mouth is sickens me. Too me that is a term a little brat kid would say. Like try and show me up. It reminds me of junior high crap. Another reason I dont rally behind the sponsorship thing is that I want to enjoy the show..not be apart of it. I know that everyone has bands that they want to see live at the fest but you have to realize that to make the fest grow you need a variety and have newer bands play and bands who are growing in popularity.
You cant take internet hype for a grain of salt. Alehorn Fest found that out twice now. But they are not going for a large fest type of show.

It is going to be an endless battle no matter what. I am very critical of bands and very open about it. It beats being false and saying a band is good and not really liking them. I stand behind what I like and am proud of it, if I dont like something...I let it be known. I would rather be a valuable opinion than a false one.