Mike and Freds Fav songs on SIRIUS RADIO

nat0

Sep 6, 2008
I'm listening on SIRIUS RADIO right now and the first song mike chose is leave me by the scorpians! ill keep posting htem up!
ok second song is from entombed and its from the album morningstar im pretty sure Fred chose it!
Dream and Deceiver - Judas Priest
Metal Church - Metal Church (omg ^^)
chinatown - Thin Lizzy
welcome home - King Diamond
not for the innocent - kiss
cemetery gates - pantera
perfect strangers - deep purple
where the slime live - morbid angel

Thats the final setlist in chronological order! I don't know what entombed song it was though, Fredrick didn't mention it :(

I just listened to the show and really enjoyed it (even the Metal Church song). They sounded like professional DJs. Mikael reaffirmed his love for Sad Wings of Destiny and his respect for Dimebag and Morbid Angel. Fred came across as the guy who always played cool old school metal records at parties.

You can tell by the songs who picked what. Hopefully the Liquid Metal fans didn't tune out when Mikael played the old stuff.

i meant i liked the metal church song lol! and yes, mike and fred were pro dj's

where the slime lives - the best of Morbid angel

that album was terribly subpar for morbid angel standards. uninspired lyrics by vincent (who was out the door after that tour), pretty bland riffing by trey too I must say. even sandoval wasn't his usual blasty-blasty self.

that album was terribly subpar for morbid angel standards. uninspired lyrics by vincent (who was out the door after that tour), pretty bland riffing by trey too I must say. even sandoval wasn't his usual blasty-blasty self.

I disagree. It has plenty of great riffing, and not as many throaway fillers like, say, Blessed are the Sick.

For starters, I find it superior to anything without Vincent on vocals. Then again, for me the golden era of Morbid Angel is from Altars of Madness to Domination. Also doesn't hurt that I caught the Domination tour in 96 :headbang:

personally I like A, B, G the best. then F=C then D then H. basically steve's performance on Gateways was mindblowing, easily comparable to Vincent on "Blessed Are the Sick". Perhaps even better. really, I think Gateways is the best album they've done this side of Blessed...everything was in place there.

I very rarely listen to them post-Domination so I really guess they're more or less equal to me after that. I just felt like Steve Tucker had developed more over time and was thus best on Heretic. (Though Gateways has 2 or 3 songs I really like musically) Altars of Madness is quite possibly my favorite death metal album of all time, but in general I'm just not that into their entire discography. Mostly into them for their more thrashy first 3 and beyond that I'd rather listen to Carcass or Nile or something.