MIKE PATTON Is 'Getting Stitched Up' After Suffering 'Bad Wipeout' On Skateboard; DEAD...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DEAD CROSS, the Southern California outfit featuring drummer Dave Lombardo (ex-SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, MISFITS) and singer Mike Patton (FAITH NO MORE), will play at El Rey theater in Los Angeles tonight (Tuesday, August 22). The show is a make-up date for last night's DEAD CROSS concert, which was canceled at the last minute after Patton was involved in a "minor accident." According to DEAD CROSS's publicist, "Patton is okay. He is getting stitched up and is raring to go. He thought he could skateboard to the show last night but he suffered a bad wipeout on the way." All tickets purchased for Monday's performance will be honored at the box office tonight. Refunds are available at point of purchase. In addition to Patton and Lombardo, DEAD CROSS features guitarist Mike Crain and bassist Justin Pearson. DEAD CROSS is on the road supporting its self-titled debut album, which was released on August 4 via Ipecac Recordings. Patton told Rolling Stone about the record: "It's funny. The few people that I've played the record for, I'm, like, 'Hey, what do you think of this thing I'm doing now? It's really funny, right?' And they're like, 'Funny? Jesus Christ, this is brutal.' I almost consider it like a vacation. It's fun. But different friends keep saying, 'Holy shit, this is not old school. This is something else. Patton, you've done something great here!' I'm like, 'Oh, okay. I did not know that.' So everyone's got a warped perception of what normal and weird is, I guess, is my point. None of them compete with me."

Continue reading...