Mike Smith leaves Suffocation

You don't think Pierced From Within and Despise The Sun were good?
Anyway it's Mike that's apparently been the influence behind the simplifying of their sound (no separate bass lines, more poppy structures etc.), not to mention his unrealistic views on what success a band like Suffocation is capable of.

Hang on I found the thread you made now, sorry. I did a custom search in google for a week ago for Mike Smith on here so it didn't come up. At least it's official now though

More on topic, do you think the direction of the band will change much now?

The actual riffing style won't change, since Terrance is still there.
Like I said though, I've heard rumors that I'm inclined to believe based on what Mike has said publicly in the past, that suggest he was trying to push the band in a direction that appeals to a wider audience.
As you can see if you compare any of the post reunion material with everything up to Despise The Sun, it's definitely believable.
And I'm not strictly talking about the riffs themself, more the way that they're presented, along with Frank's gradual change to a more palatable vocal style.

Culross definitely gave them a different feel on Despise The Sun though, even on Catatonia (on which Mike wrote the drums)

Yeah it's just a couple of shows.
Bill's never been the best vocalist, his voice is kinda shot, but it's got some character to it.
It works well in the context of DB.

Saw Suffocation yesterday at Neurotic. Dunno howlong Culross back with suffo. But sadly, it wasnt the tightest played set, heared some terrible mistakes :(. Might be the location, maybe, but ive seen suffocation throwing bricks, wich wasnt yesterday. Although Frank was very Frank tho, those old poeple have so much to tell.

Yeah well Culross has probably not had very long to get into shape due to how sudden Mike's exit seemed to be, and I don't think he's actually been in a band for a while.
Could be wrong though...