mike, why is there only 8 gigs for the so called european tour?

Lugnasadh

soundchecker
Jul 18, 2001
Mainz/Germany
i wanna see the damnation tour as well!
you´ve just spent a lifetime in the us, come to a few gigs in europe and head to scandinavia. (ok, they really, really deserved it)
in beginning of 2004 you (or the label, doesn´t matter) wanna start touring in the US again? WTF?
shit, i´m pissed! :(
what is the reason that europe isn´t getting the damnation tour?
dammit.

Sinistas said:
yeah, and the band books the shows themselves :rolleyes:
said who?

they would know why, better than me. ;)

it´s just disappointing that it´s not the tour being expected, ya know?
i wanted to see the damnation tour bad.
i can´t see them coming back with it for another time. :(
oh well.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.......this is so unfair, ggggggggrrrrr
Opeth, come to Poland....PLEASE
They even didn't have Deliverance tour here :(
btw, sorry about my English

Moonlapse said:
American tours = more $$. That's why.

Despite the logistics of the situation, the revenue earned would make more than enough to cover the trip and hiring fees.

why is an american tour more $$??
it costs way more to ship the stuff overseas.

in my opinion there is way more people to reach in europe.

it´s not really the point though.
we deserve a damnation tour as well.
hopefully there will be some more dates.
i just wanted to share my disappointment. :cry:

cheers
Lug

Europe gets enough metal shows as it is. Besides you're in Germany, the centre of Europe. With 8 shows, surely you'd be able to drive to another country?

hibernal_dream said:
Europe gets enough metal shows as it is. Besides you're in Germany, the centre of Europe. With 8 shows, surely you'd be able to drive to another country?

well, you know, if i would have enough time and money i could even go to the US to see them. :Smug:

look, this is not only about me or the germans, you have to see the population here in europe. i´m probably not the only one seeing it this way! there is 80 million people only here in germany which is fitting several times into, lets say texas. :erk:
the US have about 260-270 million right?
the few gigs they are playing (so far i hope) are simply not enough.

also i´m not complaining about the regular opeth tour i´m missing, but the probably one and only damnation tour.
cheers
Lug

I'm stoked we're getting them again in Jan/Feb '04! Speaking of money, I honestly think that Opeth should be charging more for their shows. The L.A. show I saw with PT was $17 (shit, that was the price of 2 Jack & cokes at the House of Blues where they played!). And the DVD show is only 12 pounds?

I understand keeping ticket prices low for fans, but how about making the tour economically worthwhile so that more dates could be added? I honestly would pay $30, $50 or more to see one of the best shows on the planet, and I think most fans would also.