Military Tour - Japan

Stone

Metal Lives On!
Apr 17, 2005
Yakima, WA
RIGHT ON LADIES!!! I think that is so cool of you to do that for the troops. They are going to be thrilled that they are getting some recognition from the US music scene. GO MAIDENS!!!

UP THE IRONS!!! :headbang: :kickass:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
When I was in the Navy out in the sticks of the Philippines we had a USO tour come through with members of Cheap Trick and Kansas performing for us.

It was quite memorable and I'm sure our military folks will appreciate you guys coming out as much as I did the Kansas and Cheap Trick guys.

Good on you ladies!

Jim

I'm so excited about this! :Smokin:

The only disappointment for me is missing my karate organization's annual Nissei Week Tournament. This year we're celebrating our 50th year and the master, Mr. Ohshima, is going to do a rare demonstration of kata (forms). :cry:

I was in Kandahar, Afghanistan in 2003-04 and there was a metal band that came and played...they did a number of cover tunes like GODSMACK, AIC, NIRVANA, old VH, SLAYER, etc. and some of their own material...they were from Ohio is all I can remember, but the played some heavy music. They were pretty good... I have been to the far east 3 times, and the middle east 4 times and can't remember any heavy bands playing anywhere but the 'Stan.

The only music I heard before this band was Lee Greenwood, and some other country music group. And Robin Williams stopped by as well...Dayum, he had a hell of a stand-up routine!!! :lol:

METAL GOD said:
I was in Kandahar, Afghanistan in 2003-04 and there was a metal band that came and played...they did a number of cover tunes like GODSMACK, AIC, NIRVANA, old VH, SLAYER, etc. and some of their own material...they were from Ohio is all I can remember, but the played some heavy music. They were pretty good... I have been to the far east 3 times, and the middle east 4 times and can't remember any heavy bands playing anywhere but the 'Stan.

The only music I heard before this band was Lee Greenwood, and some other country music group. And Robin Williams stopped by as well...Dayum, he had a hell of a stand-up routine!!! :lol:

Glad you made it back safe and sound! Ya, those COs can be a little conservative about the music at times, eh?

So you Ladies are playing Japan soon? Thats is pretty cool. What base? I was @ Camp Fuji on the mainland, and also Navy Base there...visiting Can't remember the name of it. Yokuska or something like that.
In Okinawa, I was @ Camp Hansen, and Camp Schwab.

very cool. how many shows will you do? how long will you be there?
too bad aja has to miss her 50th anniv tourney tho...

Aww thanks Scott. :) But I can't do everything, eh? At least I know I will see vid from the tournament - in that way technology lets me have my cake and eat it too. Besides I'm reminding myself of an old joke- Question: How do you get a musician to complain? Answer: Give 'im a gig! :lol:

METAL GOD said:
So you Ladies are playing Japan soon? Thats is pretty cool. What base? I was @ Camp Fuji on the mainland, and also Navy Base there...visiting Can't remember the name of it. Yokuska or something like that.
In Okinawa, I was @ Camp Hansen, and Camp Schwab.

Sounds like your in the Corps?

They got their act together with those 6 month tours. Its much easier on families then the Army's 18 month tours (6 month train up - 12 month deployment). One of my old unit buddies has deployed to Iraq 2x and A-stan once (he is a CSM so he doesnt live in too much discomfort (RHIP)). Anyway, tt is definitely the suck. I wouldnt mind going there as a contractor though and making that huge tax free coinage! :kickass:

Problem is...no one needs a fat old paratrooper... :lol:

Archmagician said:
Sounds like your in the Corps?

They got their act together with those 6 month tours. Its much easier on families then the Army's 18 month tours (6 month train up - 12 month deployment). One of my old unit buddies has deployed to Iraq 2x and A-stan once (he is a CSM so he doesnt live in too much discomfort (RHIP)). Anyway, tt is definitely the suck. I wouldnt mind going there as a contractor though and making that huge tax free coinage! :kickass:

Problem is...no one needs a fat old paratrooper... :lol:

:lol: old fat paratrooper...pretty funny...I'm one of those prior service guys....was in the Marines and then later joined the Army.

yup, just got back to my base in NY...its great to be back.:kickass: Haven't seen any concerts yet...when are the IRON MAIDENS coming to NY?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
:Smokin: We were just informed that our Japan trip will also include Korea and Guam! Wow! This will be a trip indeed! :Smokin:

Good deal Linda! Speaking as a guy who spent years out of the country, the service folks will really appreciate y'all playing for them. :kickass:

Jim

METAL GOD said:
:lol: old fat paratrooper...pretty funny...I'm one of those prior service guys....was in the Marines and then later joined the Army.

yup, just got back to my base in NY...its great to be back.:kickass: Haven't seen any concerts yet...when are the IRON MAIDENS coming to NY?

Fort Drum? Are you with 10th mountain? That's a great unit for a bunch of legs. :D :kickass:

Here's what I looked like when I WASNT an old fat paratrooper:

http://www.harleymaniac.org/pictures/old_army_pic.jpg

:headbang: