Milwaukee metal fest READ

funny I was contacted by Scott too. good that I found this post. flying a band from Chile and Finland to play for few people for 15 mins does not sound good.

I was contacted in September last year by Scott Grohl. I was suspicious as the email was badly written, unprofessional and didn't make sense! Out of curiosity, I played along and although we swapped many emails, I am still none the wiser! I have just received one today, which is how I found this website and decided to join so I could post it, here it is:

First of all we want to thank all for putting up with us old farts (NOT ME SCOTT LOL) ABOUT THE original MILWAUKEE METAL FEST. Me my dad and JACK the main promoter have deceided to make the final fest a great swan song. We want it to be 3 days/our first 3 stage outdoor/and a live video feed event.This is a huge undertaking but we owe it to the bands and the fans. It will take 18 months to get it all together. So let me know what you think We will keep all bands on the must have list KEEP ROCKING AND KEEP US UPDATED. SCOTT GROHL

I've just got an e:mail from R G Productions about MILWAUKEE METAL FEST # 35 2022.

Quick google tells me that I don't want anything to do with it. But quite happy to reply to his messages to find out what he says when I point out that we'll need a lot of money up front to fly over from Scotland to play his festival ...

Does this show still exist now? I understand that in view of the coronavirus outbreak such events are either canceled or postponed to a later date. But in general, I wonder why the bands participating earlier did not read any feedback from the earlier participants. It looks this show is not a new live Shibuya webcam, though, I have never heard of it before, to be honest.

Last edited:
We've been contacted by Rob Grohl a few times during the last two years asking if we were interested in being a part of this fest. We asked for more informations but never got anything....just an email every 6 months asking if we were still interested. Reading all your things here and on many other places, I think we'll avoid this fest...