Milwaukee Metalfest is but 23 days away!

The Nomad

Where am I?
Jan 17, 2002
QingDao, China (temporarily)
nomadwolf.dhs.org
I'm sick of all you European wankers putting up bandlists for festivals that I don't have a chance in making, so it's finally time for the US Midwest to rise.
(Sorry astarte...)

http://www.metalfest.com
Friday and Saturday, July 26-27 in lovely Milwaukee, Wisconsin. METALFEST XVI. 20 hours of scheduled mayhem (Sorry Lutz, Mayhem's not showing), but it usually goes longer.

Currently 127 bands are listed on the website. Highlights for me are:
Agathodaimon
Arch Enemy
Hate Eternal
Idiom
Incantation
Nile
November's Doom

Highlights for other people may include: (as in bands I've actually heard of...)
Absu
Amber Asylum
Angel Dust
Cephalic Carnage
Corpsevomit
Exhumed
Exodus
Jag Panzer
Rotting
Skyclad
Somnus
Tad Morose
The Chasm
Waco Jesus

And I just had to include this band: Grand Belial's Key

And all sorts of labels and whatnot so I can pick up what I need without shipping.

Sadly, the price for the 2 day pass has gone up to $58 (from $50).
so *thpppppt* :p

I have more highlights as Nomad :)

I'll get a full reviews of all musicians I know personally, so I can deal with it not being there... I guess it would be toooo much for my bad knee to fly over, esp. when I'm the weekend before and the weekend after plus the follow up weekend be at festivals. :)

*MORG is drunk*

Originally posted by Ziuwarian
Where do you get all the money from, so you can go to so much live shows hehe or was that idea with Milwaukee just a result of your current state, Morg?

I'm not going to the Milkauwee festival, BUT you find Gaunerin & me at the Steel Meets Steel (stupid name that it) festival the weekend before Milkauwee, and Wacken ( I'm always there) the weekend after... Party San is the weekend after Wacken and I'll be there as well, wanna see Borkies and of course some other bands... :D

Party San band list:

Aeternus (N)
Atanatos (D)
Bewitched (S)
Borknagar (N)
Callenish Circle (NL)
Dew Scented (D)
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (D)
Disharmonic Orchestra (A)
Drautran (D)
Gomorrha (D)
Houwitser (NL)
Hypnos (CZ)
Maze Of Torment (S)
My Darkest Hate(D)
Necrophobic (S)
Night in Gales (D)
Obscenity (D)
Profanity (D)
Ragnarok (N)
Sinister (NL)
The Crown (S)
Veneral Disease (D)
Viu Drakh (D)
Witchery (S)

Uhhh... I don't know if I'm going to the Milwaukee Metalfest this time. I love most of the bands that'll be there, but... Well... I don't have a ride there, and I don't think my parents would send me there by myself. Damnit! I want to be able to drive.

Originally posted by Lordenlil
Nomad - I would have the same highlights list as you...
And November's Doom is very cool, I think! I'd like to see them live.

Yeah, ND kick ass! I've seen them 5 or so times. One of the advantages of living in Chicago. But last MMF their guitarist said they'd probably break up soon because they're scattered all over the US now. After their last album is released. Unless, of course, they changed their minds, which would be fantastic!

Oh yeah, and the sets are pretty short, but the bigger bands get the later time slots, and those sets are usually longer... 45 minutes or so...

It looks like I'll have to miss MMF. :cry:
I'll be drunken canoeing with lots of friends. Nuts. It's a hard choice, but I'll see Hate Eternal, Nile, and Arch Enemy (doing longer sets) the following Monday. But I'll regret the shopping opportunities and missing November's Doom, Idiom, and Agathodaimon.

GAH!

At least I get to see Brave tonight!