Mind Blowing Shit

Banned
Jan 13, 2006
Chicago,IL
I really need something that will blow my mind. Can someone please give me band that will blow my mind with there originality.

Pavor (insanely whacked out original death metal)
Primordial (very original, they have their own sound. but 90% chance you've heard them)
Coram Lethe (avant garde death metal. pretty original, but not quite mind blowing)
Portal (mindblowingly original death metal. I didn't say great, just super original)
3 (industrial folk black metal)
Bethlehem (the early stuff is really original black metal. but again, you have more than likely heard it)
Necromantia (black metal with two bases, and no guitar)

Pavor (insanely whacked out original death metal)
Primordial (very original, they have their own sound. but 90% chance you've heard them)
Coram Lethe (avant garde death metal. pretty original, but not quite mind blowing)
Portal (mindblowingly original death metal. I didn't say great, just super original)
3 (industrial folk black metal)
Bethlehem (the early stuff is really original black metal. but again, you have more than likely heard it)
Necromantia (black metal with two bases, and no guitar)

Thanks will check these out in a few days.

Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor
Frantic Bleep - Fluctuadmission, The Sense Apparatus
Ved Buens Ende - Written in Waters

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Arghoslent yet. No other death metal band sounds anything like them, even though they are far from experimental. Mixing death metal with heavy metal/NWOBHM and a warm guitar sound is something more bands should do.

I know the guy in Dawnbringer. He's in some other bands and he does some production work. He's pretty cool. I'm glad you like his stuff. There was an interview with him in Metal Maniacs recently.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Arghoslent yet. No other death metal band sounds anything like them, even though they are far from experimental. Mixing death metal with heavy metal/NWOBHM and a warm guitar sound is something more bands should do.

Sounds like quite an interesting mix, I should check them out, though for mind blowing death metal not much goes past Lykathea Aflame.

I know the guy in Dawnbringer. He's in some other bands and he does some production work. He's pretty cool. I'm glad you like his stuff. There was an interview with him in Metal Maniacs recently.

I've only heard their latest cd, and I was fucking floored by it. It was such a good cd.