Mind Jobs

coldthrn

Chris Cauthen
Jul 9, 2007
soundcloud.com
I thought I would post on mind jobs. Things that are hard to comprehend.

I was thinking of the term past present and future. There is a past and a future but a present seems elusive. The instant that you are in the present it has become the past. Time doesn't seem to quantitative to me, sure you can get granular into nanoseconds and so on to make sure it always has a number but that can go on forever.

thinking_too_far_outside_the_box_poster-p228432993086215231t5ta_400.jpg

I thought I would post on mind jobs. Things that are hard to comprehend.

I was thinking of the term past present and future. There is a past and a future but a present seems elusive. The instant that you are in the present it has become the past. Time doesn't seem to quantitative to me, sure you can get granular into nanoseconds and so on to make sure it always has a number but that can go on forever.

If you want some real chance of some progress towards an answer to these sorts of questions you have 2 options: go do physics or philosophy. Speculation without education, as fun as it may be, will get you nowhere. Although lets be honest, philosophy isn't gonna get you anywhere anyway. So yeah, go do physics.

Speaking of boxes, how about Schrödinger's cat?

If you want some real chance of some progress towards an answer to these sorts of questions you have 2 options: go do physics or philosophy. Speculation without education, as fun as it may be, will get you nowhere. Although lets be honest, philosophy isn't gonna get you anywhere anyway. So yeah, go do physics.
Well, that was where I was headed, I thought I would open up the conversation of Planck time. I know we have some really bright people here and thought I would open it up. I guess I've been proven wrong. What was I thinking. Ill have to keep on reminding myself this is a metal forum.

So, yea what is that about fucking brains.?..

Well, that was where I was headed, I thought I would open up the conversation of Planck time.

Planck time is interesting. However, it does not define the granulations of time as is sometimes said. As a matter of fact the planck scale has little direct physical relevance as far as we know so far, except as a limit to the frequency of a photon and as part of the equation describing the entropy of a black hole. It is proposed that the laws of physics would operate differently at smaller than the planck length, but we'll almost certainly never know much about them due to the fact that photons become black holes when you make them high enough energy to even theoretically look that small.

Again, it's hard to discuss these concepts without a good understanding of the physics and the maths behind them.

Schrödinger's cat and what you mentioned in the first post are merely matters of perception... much like any perception of time...

i'm at work... this shift will pass at different speeds based on how occupied my mind is... (and maybe how much coffee i consume)

Consume too much coffee, time both speeds up and slows down simultaneously.
you feel a sense of cosmic cold and then you pass out and wake up two days ago.

that would be so fucking cool, two days ago you could get hammered on it again and go back another two days. Rinse and repeat.