Mindflow 365 - First New Song Out Today

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not sure if you're aware, but Mindflow's new record, entitled Mindflow 365 is going to be released digitally, at a one-song-per-month rate. I find that a rather fantastic way to release new music. Their idea is to offer the freshest music possible to the fans.

The first one was made available on the Mindflow 365 website today. The song is entitled Thrust Into This Game. Here's a link: www.mindflow365.com

Rodrigo (their guitarist) told me that they'll be debuting this song live at ProgPower USA. I suggest you guys check it out, it's a killer tune!!!

Oh I love it! I like the concept of 1 song a month for a year, too. Pretty cool idea.

Its a terrible idea for them. I've seen others do it, and it can work if you are recording extremely cheaply and basically are putting out material for about 100 people who might care. But I don't think that that is Mindflow's intention. But who knows. They don't seem to be about actually selling their music.

Its a terrible idea for them. I've seen others do it, and it can work if you are recording extremely cheaply and basically are putting out material for about 100 people who might care. But I don't think that that is Mindflow's intention. But who knows. They don't seem to be about actually selling their music.

I think it's a fantastic idea. If you happen to get a chance, read their interview on the PP program. Rodrigo actually explains the rationale behind it, and how they don't see selling their music as the primary way for them to make money.

As far as the recording quality, have you heard the first track off 365, Thrust Into This Game? The quality is above many top metal bands in the scene who spend years producing an album. When it comes to Mindflow, you can always expect a great product. These guys spare no dime when it comes to making their product the best. Grab a copy of Destructive Device and you'll see the quality.

As far as "100 people who may care"... Well, maybe not in the US, but their fanbase in their country is much bigger than that... :lol:

I can't wait till the new song is out. If it's in the veins of their latest stuff, it'll be great!

I think it's a fantastic idea. If you happen to get a chance, read their interview on the PP program. Rodrigo actually explains the rationale behind it, and how they don't see selling their music as the primary way for them to make money.

As far as the recording quality, have you heard the first track off 365, Thrust Into This Game? The quality is above many top metal bands in the scene who spend years producing an album. When it comes to Mindflow, you can always expect a great product. These guys spare no dime when it comes to making their product the best. Grab a copy of Destructive Device and you'll see the quality.

As far as "100 people who may care"... Well, maybe not in the US, but their fanbase in their country is much bigger than that... :lol:

I can't wait till the new song is out. If it's in the veins of their latest stuff, it'll be great!

Well put, these guys are about the music, and the music alone. This new album is going to kick everyones ass, the new song is unbelieveable i got a preview of it a day or two ago from the band.

I like the new song. Destructive Device was their first album where they started to sound like their own band, and not mimicery. This song seems a little heavier, but still in line with DD. Though, almost verging now on sounding like Wastefall (who sounded like a heavier version of Pain of Salvation).

The one problem I have is that song is over, and I want to hear another. I don't want to wait, not because its amazing, but because it feels like its supposed to fit within an album. Perhaps I'm still not ready for the death of the album.

I wish I could have got there earlier enough to catch them this year. Oh well. I'm sure they'll be back around (though not sure at ProgPower again, doesn't seem like they put together one of those sets that calls for them to necessarily return, too bad).

I've tried like hell to like this band, but everything on DD sounds same'ey to me. I thought the 1st disc was just too out there, and the 2nd was hit and miss. Maybe the next one will hit me