MINDMAZE: Back From The Edge

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Mindmaze's song "Dreamwalker" from Back From The Edge was included on the PPUSA XV sampler CD.

MINDMAZE STREAMING NEW TRACK “BACK FROM THE EDGE”

The title track from the upcoming Mindmaze album Back From The Edge is now streaming.

Back From The Edge will be released on October 24th in Europe and October 28th in North America through Inner Wound Recordings.

Despite praise for the songwriting on their debut album Mask Of Lies, the band has strived harder than ever to craft amazing songs filled with first-class musicianship, memorable hooks, and powerful melodies and riffs. The new album sees the band moving further towards forging a strong identity rather than borrowing little bits and pieces from all over their map of influences.

Mike LePond (Symphony X) performs bass on all tracks on Back From The Edge. The artwork was created by Carl-Andre Beckston (Seventh Wonder, Harem Scarem, Brazen Abbot). Legendary Stratovarius keyboardist Jens Johansson lends an expectedly awesome solo and harmony to the progressively-tinged track "Moment Of Flight".

p1936inh7k1lpro6l1vtn1tn1t534.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually looking forward to this. I am so glad that I finally get to say there's at least one female-fronted metal band I enjoy. (Probably because they just seem to focus on making good music regardless of their singer's gender. :p )

Shaye

I loved Dreamwalker, and thus I ordered the album from Amazon, and it's a pretty good one. It will likely take a few more listens to determine if its a great one, or simply another female fronted symphonic metal band with little to distinguish it from the dozens of Nightwish clones, but for now it was an enjoyable experience.

Definitely NOT symphonic OR a Nightwish clone. More power/prog that happens to have a female singer. New disc is better than debut. These guys are making a name for themselves in a crowded field.