MinoHD filming a metal concert???

Dec 3, 2008
Hey! I don't even know if this is in the right forum--I'm assuming it is, since this is more of a tech question than it is a concert relating to metal music, but here goes!

I just got a new MinoHD 2 hr camera made by Flip, and I'm going to be going to this crazy legendary show that I've been waiting for almost all year and I want to take footage of just like, one or two songs.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the audio capabilities of this camera and whether it will be able to make a relatively nice-quality recording of a death metal concert I'll be going to in less than a week? I don't need it to be high professional-like quality...I'm just hoping it will be good enough that you can hear the actual songs, haha.

Also, I've got a blackberry torch from AT&T. If the MinoHD isn't good enough, is the blackberry torch? I'm assuming the Torch would be worse, since it is a phone. Also, I',m assuming it's camera is worse than the iphone, and my friend films some parts of shows he goes to with his iphone and the quality is TERRIBLE.

Anyways, if anyone knows the answer to this, I'd really appreciate it. This is like a huge concert for me, and if I'm not 100% sure that the audio isn't going to come out terribly, I'm not going to want to film it--I'm just going to want to headbang and have a good time. If I end up filming all of my favorite songs instead of headbanging and going crazy and the movies turn out to be terrible, I'd be pretty damned devastated.

Any thoughts?