misc. concert figures

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
At the bottom you have KISS. When they are only bringing in 1/3 of the people, they must be losing their asses.:lol:
I have a feeling Paul's health problems are just a cover up to cancel the remaining dates on this tragedy on wheels...:lol:

Artist/Event: VAN HALEN, SILVERTIDE
Venue: Air Canada Centre
City/State: Toronto, Ont.
Date: July 3, 2004
Gross Sales: $1,199,040
Attendance: 15,058
Capacity: 15,058
Shows: 1
Sell-Outs: 1
Prices: $86.88, $64.21
Promoter: House of Blues Canada

Artist/Event: VAN HALEN, SHINEDOWN
Venue: America West Arena
City/State: Phoenix, Ariz.
Date: Aug. 5, 2004
Gross Sales: $929,988
Attendance: 12,327
Capacity: 15,213
Sell-Outs: 0
Prices: $82.50, $32.50
Promoter: Clear Channel Entertainment

Venue: Pepsi Center
City/State: Denver, Colo.
Date: Aug. 1, 2004
Gross Sales: $858,335
Attendance: 10,395
Capacity: 17,796
Prices: $95, $65
Promoter: Clear Channel Entertainment/KSE

Venue: HP Pavilion
City/State: San Jose, Calif.
Date: Aug. 10, 2004
Gross Sales: $753,340
Attendance: 8,779
Capacity: 12,500
Prices: $95, $35
Promoter: Another Planet Entertainment

Venue: Delta Center
City/State: Salt Lake City, Utah
Date: Aug. 3, 2004
Gross Sales: $556,193
Attendance: 8,990
Capacity: 20,169
Prices: $75, $57.50
Promoter: Clear Channel Entertainment/KSE

Artist/Event: RUSH
Venue: Blossom Music Center
City/State: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Date: June 10, 2004
Gross Sales: $373,145
Attendance: 7,836
Capacity: 18,500
Prices: $75, $62.50, $50, $25
Promoter: House of Blues Concerts

Artist/Event: AEROSMITH, CHEAP TRICK
Date: June 28, 2004
Gross Sales: $616,570
Attendance: 12,054
Prices: $85, $65, $30, $15

Artist/Event: :puke: KISS, :yuk: POISON
Date: July 6, 2004
Gross Sales: $257,975
Attendance: 6,217
Prices: $90, $75, $50, $25

I got the figures from blabbermouth, but I think you can get figures from clear channel's website & or www.billboard.com/

SIXXSWINE

*That was a shame about Rush, but their fan base is dying off I'm sure. I don't see too many kids getting into Rush these days, which is a shame, they have put out some classic stuff in the past.
KISS are on their never ending journey to further tarnish what legacy they once had. When is enough money, enough?!

Well, KISS and Poison are indeed a VERY weird combination for starters. And then you have the outrageous ticket prices and on top of that all these lame-ass fees...I mean geez you end up paying like $100 for a decent seat...so of course ticket sales are down, people are tired of getting screwed over prices, and then it doesn't end there...clear channel also controls the parking for the venues, so add to that another $10 it is insane! :ill:

Clear Channel is one of things that is Evil in the music business these days. I remember back in like '91 you could get into a show for $21.00, plus $5.00 for parking.
Now you're lucky if you can get in for under $30.00 plus all the additional fees.
You figure with what clear channel is doing that there would be more package tours, where the fans would get more music for their dough. Here's little soemthing that clear channel was experimenting with. On the Llast Who tour, they were recording the show & within 20 Min of the end of the gig you could pick up a copy of the show for $25.00. Imagine that? Walking out & getting a copy of the show? Soundboard!!! That's a cool concept, but it's a shame it was these greedy bastards dod it first. I don't know what the out come of this was, if they continued doing this or what?

$25 a pop! That's fucking ridiculous and a total rip-off...well ok, I would pay it if it was one of my fav bands I guess :bah: I heard about this as well but I am not sure if they are still doing it...goes to show you though that they will try to rape your wallet in any manner available ugh!

Pabla said:
$25 a pop! That's fucking ridiculous and a total rip-off...well ok, I would pay it if it was one of my fav bands I guess :bah: I heard about this as well but I am not sure if they are still doing it...goes to show you though that they will try to rape your wallet in any manner available ugh!
They will try anything to get into your wallet. The live cd's are a way of cutting in on bootleging. Who in their right mind would pay for a audience recording when you can get you own soundboard recording? I don't know if they continued doing this. Remember when Pearl Jam was make an attempt @ fighting clear channel, only to come crawling back & having them whore themselves to the "evil" that is clear channel?!:tickled:
Those fucking burn outs should have done that in their prime, now they can't do it.

Rush played at the Molson Amphitheatre last Sunday, which is the same venue Priest/Slayer played at 4 days earlier. Didn't look like a lot of Rush fans... I didn't even know Rush was playing there and I was wondering why everyone was walking around wearing Rush t-shirts. :lol: But anyway, compared to Priest's show and Rush's show... Rush didn't have a large audience.

~metal_maiden~ said:
Rush played at the Molson Amphitheatre last Sunday, which is the same venue Priest/Slayer played at 4 days earlier. Didn't look like a lot of Rush fans... I didn't even know Rush was playing there and I was wondering why everyone was walking around wearing Rush t-shirts. :lol: But anyway, compared to Priest's show and Rush's show... Rush didn't have a large audience.
Fuck & that was in their backyard! What the hell happened to their fan base?! I mean, I'm not big on them & never really was, but I bought a record of theirs from time to time!:erk:

sixxswine said:
They will try anything to get into your wallet. The live cd's are a way of cutting in on bootleging. Who in their right mind would pay for a audience recording when you can get you own soundboard recording? I don't know if they continued doing this. Remember when Pearl Jam was make an attempt @ fighting clear channel, only to come crawling back & having them whore themselves to the "evil" that is clear channel?!:tickled:
Those fucking burn outs should have done that in their prime, now they can't do it.
I think the reason Pearl Jam went back to Clear Channel is THERE ARE NO OTHER VENUES. In the August issue (I think) of Rolling Stone there is a great article on Clear channel and if you look at this map it's understandable why a band cannot do it without CC, there just aren't enough non CC venues throughout the states to do a tour.

I hope Dave Matthews continues with his suit against them. 3k ticket sales almost 11k in attendance. CC's response was "we have to give away the tickets in order to promote the show" more b.s. they just want to comp their advertisers. FUCK CLEAR CHANNEL

I figured the least I could do was to post some numbers and facts about clear channel to support my ranting....

Clear Channel entertainment currently owns 1,239 radio stations. They are currently the number one promoter, owner and operatior of live music venues with 103 venues and controls about 70% of the nations live events.

From a single radio station in 1972 a friend gave him to repay a debt, by 1996 49 stations had become owned by CCE and 70 more in 1997. They also bought Jacor- owner of the Rush Limbaugh show in 1999. In 2000 they paid $24 BILLION dolllars for AMFM's radio holdings, $4.4 BILLION dollars for SFX, the nations largest live-entertainment company and $776 MILLION for Ackerley Group a major billboard compay.

By the end of 2003 Clear Channel controls 1,182 radio stations, 788,000 billboards and 103 venues in the U.S.

In 2003 Lowry Mays (owner) told Fortune magazine "We are not in the business of providing news and information, we are not in the business of providing well researched music. WE SIMPLY IN BUSINESS OF SELLING OUR CUSTOMERS PRODUCTS"