RECENT U.S. concert attendance figures

Metal is dead ? Had its day ? When the fuck did this happen ????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And to think i had bought so many great 'Metal' albums this year too !!!
To name but a few:

Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Pain - Dancing with the dead
Hypocrisy - Virus
Disturbed - 10.000 Fists
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Graveworm - Nutopia
Dark Tranquility - Charachter
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast 2005

For me, Metal will only die when i stop listening to it, and i will only stop listening to it when i die.

valanx said:

To name but a few:

Hypocrisy - Virus
Disturbed - 10.000 Fists
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Graveworm - Nutopia

For me, Metal will only die when i stop listening to it, and i will only stop listening to it when i die.

What i mean is as far as sale go.Who are the big names now?Who could headline Monsters of rock?I agree metal is alive and well and in the past couple of years i myself have rediscovered my love for metal,but i think its going through a change.

WILKS said:
What i mean is as far as sale go.Who are the big names now?Who could headline Monsters of rock?I agree metal is alive and well and in the past couple of years i myself have rediscovered my love for metal,but i think its going through a change.

It would be interesting to see cd sales figures for metal bands particularly european sales. Alot of popular metal bands seem to be european bands and as we know there are loads of festivals all over europe with lots of these bands headlining all the time, it is a shame these bands do not get the exposure and popularity in this country that they deserve...It always seems to be that way with metal though and ironically its probably one of the things that draws people like us in the uk to it anyway!

Yeah,that would be interestng.Although seems to take its time with newer types of metal.Europe seems more of a trad metal place.Britain just gets bored with new bands after 1 slighty dodgey album.

valanx said:

To name but a few:

Hypocrisy - Virus
Disturbed - 10.000 Fists
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Graveworm - Nutopia

Mate some great albums there, but how many of those bands are NEW??

There lies the problem............................. o_O

You both make excellent points there guys!

Wilks- Yeah it is true and i would not argue otherwise, Britains attitude to metal (in the media etc.) is pretty damn shamefull to say the least, your quite right and its pathetic! It doesnt seem to matter how many 'metal' concert tickets or CDs are sold someone just wants to bury metal and force feed the public 'boy bands' and shitty forgettable pop music, whoever that 'someone' is needs to be bloody strung up mate!

Fingers- Yeah man, its been a great year for metal albums and they were only a few that i had bought or could think of and yeah some of the bands (esp. Priest) have been around for, lets say, 'a little while' now! some of the other bands although they have been around "a little while" also are still pretty healthy (so to say) and have quite a bit of life left in them yet! Well i hope so anyway!!!

Sorry, but I still think "Unleashed In The East" is way better than "Angel Of Retribution." There's only so much double bass drumming I can take these days. Imagine being in Japan when that was recorded in '79!