holy shit...this is not good news

Lurch posted these #s down on Royal Carnage...if accurate, these numbers are suckage news....not even filling 50% of capacity...
Artist/Event: Gigantour: MEGADETH, DREAM THEATER, FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRY KILL LOGIC, BOBAFLEX
Venue: Cricket Pavilion
City/State: Phoenix, Ariz.
Date: July 23, 2005
Attendance: 3,835
Capacity: 7,903

Artist/Event: Gigantour: MEGADETH, DREAM THEATER, FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRYKILL LOGIC, BOBAFLEX
Venue: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
City/State: Irvine, Calif.
Date: July 24, 2005
Attendance: 5,715
Capacity: 15,977

Artist/Event: Gigantour: MEGADETH, DREAM THEATER, FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRY KILL LOGIC, BOBAFLEX
Venue: Selland Arena
City/State: Fresno, Calif.
Date: July 21, 2005
Attendance: 1,866
Capacity: 6,545

Artist/Event: Gigantour: MEGADETH, DREAM THEATER, FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRYKILL LOGIC, BOBAFLEX
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
City/State: Las Vegas, Nev.
Date: July 22, 2005
Attendance: 1,312
Capacity: 6,500

Venue: Open Air Theatre
City/State: San Diego, Calif.
Date: July 28, 2005
Attendance: 2,228
Capacity: 4,598
user_offline.gif

I hope Billboard posts the attendance figures for West Palm. I estimated about 6500-7000 people there...that will look nice for the tour!

THESE 2 ARE THE BEST BANDS IN THE USA ATTHE MOMENT REALLY

FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE,

Actually, those numbers are about what I would have expected. There was no hype machine around this tour, the headliners all have their better days behind them, and the up-and-comers are actually doing pretty well with the crowd that's there.

Megadeth didn't sell out the 1000 capacity 930 Club here in DC last time they played. DT always does, but can't draw more than about 2K. The numbers are right where I expected them to be - no band with current platinum albums or true legendary area band status...

It's a great opportunity, though, for Nevermore and Symphony X to expand their audiences, and they seem to be capitalizing on it.

The vegas number are definitely correct. It was a pitiful turn out.... But the good thing was when nevermore came on all the people who had no idea who they were ruseh the stage after they played the 1st song ...lol They saw how AMAZING the band was and had to see more !!!!!!

1st sone was Narcosynthesis ... imho the best opener they could have done!

Da Fukn Guru

yeah, the Vegas turnout sucked, but I think both Nevermore and Sym X gained alot of fans at the show, but on the flip side, the poor turnout for the early bands especially could be due to the fact that alot of people who preordered tix on line were told the wrong starttime and didn't show up till around 7:30 at night and the show started at 4:30

PratlPoet said:
Fear Factory...you must be kidding?

Demanufacture, Obsolete, Archetype are spendid albums.

Sure, they'll release a bad one every now and again(digimortal, transgression) but they're far from a bad band.

Obsolete was boring as hell. Archetype was nice but nothing unexpected. Demanufacture is a classic, I'll give you that.

But for this tour they are NOT in the top 2. Nevermore, yes. And amazingly enough, Megadeth still put on a killer show.

WE NEED MORE METALHEADZ IN THE WORLD!

If Gigantour came to Australia I'm sure that in Sydney it could pack out a 10,000 seater. Almost everyone I know has heard of it and wants to go. Jeez... And this is AUSTRALIA. USA is supposed to have all the fans and they sell 1,000+ tickets in Las Vegas!! SHITE...

petrucci_dude said:
WE NEED MORE METALHEADZ IN THE WORLD!

If Gigantour came to Australia I'm sure that in Sydney it could pack out a 10,000 seater. Almost everyone I know has heard of it and wants to go. Jeez... And this is AUSTRALIA. USA is supposed to have all the fans and they sell 1,000+ tickets in Las Vegas!! SHITE...

I think some people are missing the point. The problem is not the lack of metal fan support, the problem is that you had one expensive tour (Priest/Ryche) and one hideously expensive tour (OzzFest) that was primarily metal, and both were announced well in advance of Gigantour. I know some people who didn't go because they had already spent too much on the other tours. Couple that with missing several major metro areas (no DC show? Give me a break.), the fact that there's no arena-level headliner, and the hit and miss promotion, and it's done about what you could expect.

eaeolian said:
I think some people are missing the point. The problem is not the lack of metal fan support, the problem is that you had one expensive tour (Priest/Ryche) and one hideously expensive tour (OzzFest) that was primarily metal, and both were announced well in advance of Gigantour. I know some people who didn't go because they had already spent too much on the other tours. Couple that with missing several major metro areas (no DC show? Give me a break.), the fact that there's no arena-level headliner, and the hit and miss promotion, and it's done about what you could expect.

I didn't know that, because I live here in Australia and never get to experience these festivals/gigs. :lol:

DJ-Panic said:
yeah, the Vegas turnout sucked, but I think both Nevermore and Sym X gained alot of fans at the show, but on the flip side, the poor turnout for the early bands especially could be due to the fact that alot of people who preordered tix on line were told the wrong starttime and didn't show up till around 7:30 at night and the show started at 4:30

OMG theres another metalhead in VEGAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude get a hold of me ... im dying here !!!!!!!!!!!

Da Fukn Guru