Gigantour!

And as to your point phlog, you probably go to pubs in Melbourne more often than I do, but when I was last there the only tap beer at Craigieburn Sports Club was VB, Carlton and Midstrength, and the Wallan pub had those, plus Kilkenny and Guiness. I may have been generalising a little, but I have noticed that the number of choices for brews in Melbourne is much lower as a rule than in Sydney. For the record, although I'm sure Southy could straighten this out, I was left with the same impression of Brisbane. If you don't like XXXX or VB up there, tough shit.

phlogiston said:
Oh, then in that case, yeah, you're right. Although you can generally get bottles of the good stuff at clubs, but it's not the same. :(

The HiFi Bar doesn't sell any beer on tap. :erk:

Bottles are generally good at clubs, except when they pour it into a plastic cup for you. :yuk: They're easy to carry around without the risk of spilling it everywhere (or getting spiked), although the price attatched to them is usually crazy. $6+ for a Crown.

Goreripper said:
$3 a pot for Tooheys Old? What a rip off! It's one Aussie beer that I truly like, but I wouldn't pay that for it.

When I went to the footy, all you could get at the bar was Midstrength.

What's wrong with paying $3 a pot? That's the cheap average for anything here. :confused:

They only sell mid-strength beer at the footy and cricket during night games. It's to prevent drunkeness or something - yet spirits are still available.

Actually, at the moment Gore, that's probably not correct :) I haven't been to a pub for *ages*. Not that it matters, I'm pretty much off Australian beer now, unless someone else is buying. German beer all the way, baby! Hansa as a day to day drinking beer (not that I drink every day, but you know what I mean) and Schofferhofer when i can afford it.

A good pub in brissy usually has more than xxxx and vb on tap. I think brisbane is a lot more varied than melb which usually just has carlton draught and vb on tap (the few places I went anyway). Both of which are pure shite. What pisses me off is going to a place in brisbane and them not have xxxx at all. What fucking state are we in again? I only drink xxxx now if they dont have coopers on tap anyway.

Sydo said:
What's wrong with paying $3 a pot? That's the cheap average for anything here. :confused:

Now THAT is why I go out a lot less than I did a few years ago. Beer is ridiculously expensive now, so by the time I pay for petrol, entry to a gig and a few beers it really adds up. Beer went up to $2.20, then $2.50, then a ridiculous $2.80, then a criminal $3. :yell:

VB and Carlton Cold are complete shit. I'll drink it if there's nothing else, but thankfully pubs that serve those usually seem to have Cascade Light on tap as well. Pints of foreign beer are comparatively well priced, as they haven't gone up by the same proportion as local brews.

I reckon 80% of pubs here have pints now. Schooners can be found around the place as well.

Who brews Stella? I wondered why it was so common here now.

Schooners are gay, moving from Mildura to Adelaide was hard with the beer change.

Pots and Pints are where it's at. I'm talking PROPER pints, not the shitty small things you get here. I WANT MY IMPERIAL PINTS GODDAMMIT.

Schooners are a nice step up from pots. Pots are really gay. And I'm saying that as a Victorian.

The Preston here in Geelong has started selling $4 schooners of draught - and that's considered good value! :err:

Winmar said:
Schooners are a nice step up from pots. Pots are really gay. And I'm saying that as a Victorian.

Blasphemy!

Schooners are as pointless as mid-strength beer.

If you're gonna get drunk, you drink heavy beer, if you don't want to get drunk, you drink light beer. Mid-strength beer is stupid.

Same philosophy for schooners.

Although I don't mind happy hours in Adelaide. $2 schooners is unreal value wherever you live. I'll drink 'em then. Otherwise it's gay sized pints all the way here.

I was down the gold coast on saturday night and asked for a pint. I got this stupid small glass more like the size of a schooner. I wasnt very pleased. Are these the small pints you are talking about? Ive never had one before. Whenever I ask for a pint thats what you get. 560mL or whatever the size is. mmm mmmmm.

Sydo said:
Tooheys Old is great beer. :headbang: And often $3 a pot!

It's $2.70 a schooner at almost every pub in canberra.

melbourne is shit.

This debate is one of the major reasons for living in canberra. We have every beer size, and we have every sport telecast in pubs. Most decent sized pubs have seperate areas for different sports. We have no loyalties, just good pubs.

Gorey, as Iccy has already said, you can get almost any beer on tap up here now, ceydn, when I meet you I intend on giving you a fucking headbutt you pant shitting glamfag...Schooners are what REAL beer drinkers enjoy, not you weedy wannbe fucks that think beer is for getting drunk ONLY and not just to quench a thirst. The pubs that don't sell XXXX up here, are always open to the patented Southy abuse, fancy having a booze liscence up here and not selling XXXX, dumb fucks.....