SymX officially on gigantour??!?!?!?

Until it's announced on the official site, it's a rumor.

I did hear somewhere that Russell said they would not be on it, since it would interfere with writing/recording the new album. Also, this is just a rumor.

How much longer is the writing/recording going to take? The gigantour is supposed to start in late july, which gives Symphony X nearly 3 months to finish the cd...then again:

====== 24.MAY.04 ======
SYMPHONY X ENTERS THE STUDIO
The band is now entering the studio to write their next cd, and will be giving bi-monthly (or so) studio reports with news and pictures as the writing process progresses.

Just spoke to MJR, & Symphony X will NOT be part of Gigantour. Writing up the rest of the studio report now..

That is extremely upsetting, however, I am still glad that Mustaine is making a good tour like this. Gives hope for future years of Symphony X! \m/ Not to mention the fact Dream Theater and Nevermore are playing!

Yeah I thought it was so cool that all those bands were performing together, then I found out Nevermore was only playing a half hour set. Symphony X probably would've gotten shafted, too. Who knows, maybe this is for the better. As someone said in another thread, it's better they play to a smaller audience who actually appreciates what they do rather than to a full crowd of mallgoth losers.

Why do some people act like SymX owes them something? Because they honestly don't.

Trust me, if you had ever been Pink Floyd fans for a long time, you'd realize how good you've got it. That band doesn't have the courtesy to even give ANY kind of studio report, and when certain band members say anything in an interview, they never ever keep their promises.

So why do people act like Symphony X owes them a tour, owes them a report, owes them samples, or whatever? They certainly don't have to, and I've seen what bands are like that don't give a damn about their fans. Symphony X is NOT one of those bands.

Sorry for the rant. :(

Yeah, but then there are bands like Megadeth that have a separate place for each member of the band to speak. Each band member uses that space pretty regularly, too. I guess that I am a little spoiled because of Megadeth being my favorite band, and the attention that Mr. Mustaine gives his fans. He really is an awesome celebrity. Some celebs that got as popular as Megadeth was (and is still to an extent) wouldn't even bother with a lot of what he does...

Then again, just like the general public, some folks are into computers & the internet, & some aren't. MJR is one of the latter, but that doesn't make him any less devoted to his fans..and that's a big part of what I'm here for. So judging by a bands online presence isn't fair.

Jax said:
Then again, just like the general public, some folks are into computers & the internet, & some aren't. MJR is one of the latter, but that doesn't make him any less devoted to his fans..and that's a big part of what I'm here for. So judging by a bands online presence isn't fair.
True...I do respect everything that MJR and crew do for the fans (a.k.a. Hanging out with fans after shows, stuff like that...), and I also like what SymX have done with the fan club, pending the shipment of the Fan club CD...I got my brother a membership for his birthday and he loves it (especially likes the shirt..)...He will like it and appreciate it even more once the CD is shipped to him...(I can't wait to hear it myself)...

The only two improvements I feel that Symphony X could do that would make me an even bigger fan than I already am would be to update the site more frequently and record a live DVD...however, beggars can't be choosers, so I will wait patiently for site updates and quietly hope and pray that this next tour involves the making of a live footage DVD...that would just rule all....Keep in mind this is not a complaint or even a suggestion. It is merely what I wish would happen...don't take it as anything more...