Symphony X confirmed for Gigantour!

I'll be surprised if there is an Atlanta date simply because there is no place to put it. The only outdoor venue is out of the question due to costs (thanks Clear Channel). If you put it indoors at a place like the Gwinnett Arena, how do you do the 2nd stage? That is what's being discussed at the moment here.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I'll be surprised if there is an Atlanta date simply because there is no place to put it. The only outdoor venue is out of the question due to costs (thanks Clear Channel). If you put it indoors at a place like the Gwinnett Arena, how do you do the 2nd stage? That is what's being discussed at the moment here.

Glenn H.
The Orlando stop is at the Hard Rock, an indoor venue. I don't know how they will work the second stage deal.

We could always purchase/borrow the infamous Jack Koshik "curtain" that has separated many a stage over his illustrious tenure as a promoter! ;)

TheWhisper said:
The Orlando stop is at the Hard Rock, an indoor venue. I don't know how they will work the second stage deal.

Hard Rock Saturday 6th and then West Palm (20 minutes from my apartment) on the 7th?.....

Oh yeah - DOUBLE SHOT WEEKEND BABY - DT, Megedeath and Symph X....

I am happier than a pig in shit right now.... :tickled:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Burke said:
Hard Rock Saturday 6th and then West Palm (20 minutes from my apartment) on the 7th?.....

Oh yeah - DOUBLE SHOT WEEKEND BABY - DT, Megedeath and Symph X....

I am happier than a pig in shit right now.... :tickled:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Nice! Do you know if the WPB show is going to be held at the Sound Advice Amphitheater?
That would be a good place, as they can adapt the venue to the size of the show...
It's the only place in WPB I can think of..

Angrafan said:
Nice! Do you know if the WPB show is going to be held at the Sound Advice Amphitheater?
That would be a good place, as they can adapt the venue to the size of the show...
It's the only place in WPB I can think of..

Ooops - sorry - YEAH!
That's what's listed on Pollstar!
Dates apparently just hit in the last 24 hours..... this is so awesome. First PP 6 and now this... sweet!:worship:

I love how all you dudes are bumming about not being able to see Gigantour if it's nto in your own town, while most people on this forum are travelling for ProgPower. almost like you don't realize you're allowed to see it somewhere else.

Reminds me of how I'll spend an hour looking for the remote control before I even think of spending 5 seconds to just walk to the TV....

people arent traveling for it because the airtime is so minimal.. im not going to travel 8hours to see symx for 25 or 40min. they're far too good for that spot and its just not worth it considering half the bands are bands that fit very little of anyones tastes(how most massmarket festivals are setup purposefully in the first place)

bhcompy said:
people arent traveling for it because the airtime is so minimal.. im not going to travel 8hours to see symx for 25 or 40min. they're far too good for that spot and its just not worth it considering half the bands are bands that fit very little of anyones tastes(how most massmarket festivals are setup purposefully in the first place)

For me the biggest problems are Fear Factory and Dillinger Escape Plan, just not interested in them and likely will not go because of them.

lucretia96 said:
For me the biggest problems are Fear Factory and Dillinger Escape Plan, just not interested in them and likely will not go because of them.

Yea, that was my problem too, but now with SymX on there the balance has tipped the other way.

The Manchester, NH date is an indoor venue as well..... i think they'd just cut set times(which would suck) or maybe drop a support band or 2.... seeing that at least in the case of NH theres an outdoor venue date in Boston 2 days later.